• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Possible UTI?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:44 PM
  • 5 Replies
Today I took my baby girl (she will be 8 months in 2 more days) to the dr, because last night she ran a pretty high temp and has been super fussy. At fist I thought maybe teething but there is no way it's that. They tested her urine to see if she had a uti. The results came back with a little bit of blood and white blood celss, but not a lot, so they sent it to culture. They said I should get the results back sunday.... My poor baby is so miserable and spikes some good fevers.... I've never had a uti and this is my first girl, so this is all new to me. Can ot gets worse by Sunday? Can I give her anything to help flush it out? I don't know if she can have water or anything like that. Help please
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:48 PM

Call your doctor and get answers there !!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:50 PM
Go ahead and give her some water, make sure she's not in a wet diaper, warm bath with NO bubbles or soap, call your Dr.
WickedPissah
by Penis colada on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:52 PM
Poor baby, it must hurt for her to pee.
I had blood in my urine, and was dx with bladder cancer.

I hope she feels better.
rosie211
by I'm a nice one on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:52 PM
If she was older, I'd give d-mannose. That young, not much is safe except pain relief. Is it Tylenol they recommend? Pretty sure she can have water.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:52 PM
My girls have each had several. My oldest had her first at 6 weeks old :(

I would say just give her Tylenol when you can and try to keep her comfortable. At 8 months she should be able to have a little bit of water but it wouldn't hurt to call your on call doc and see what they say. They may have more ideas to help her than I do because it's been years since I've had one that little.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)