Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ugh stop making me high

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

I effin hate percoset. Hate it. But it's the only thing I can take to relieve the pain I have in my back while I'm in physical therapy. BUT it makes me high as a kite. I'm over here cutting 5mg pills in half to avoid this high but doesn't work. Guess I don't have a tolerance to it. 

Does this shit ever stop over time? I'm hoping the physical therapy will make the pain go away (from a car accident)... I wanna be normal again, well as normal as i can be. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:50 PM
That's why I like Norco. Not much of a high, but it took away my pain. I don't like feeling high.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:04 PM

I wanted IBprofen 800mg but can't take it due to heart meds... so I'm limited on what I can take. Tylenol wouldn't hack it either, I tried. What is Norco? Is that a form of IBprofen?

Quoting AngryBob: That's why I like Norco. Not much of a high, but it took away my pain. I don't like feeling high.

j.patzer
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:07 PM

Its another name for Vicodin.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I wanted IBprofen 800mg but can't take it due to heart meds... so I'm limited on what I can take. Tylenol wouldn't hack it either, I tried. What is Norco? Is that a form of IBprofen?

Quoting AngryBob: That's why I like Norco. Not much of a high, but it took away my pain. I don't like feeling high.

AngelSinger
by MS Warrior on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:08 PM
Have you discussed this with your doctor? Maybe a different NSAID, like Toradol, could work for you.
MommyOfOne2710
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:08 PM
That's how I felt on Vicodin, so I didn't take it. I took 800mg of ibuprofen and it actually made me feel better than the vicodin.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:09 PM

I thought oxys were the pain medication of choice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:13 PM

Please tell me it's not a form of ibprofen or narcotics? I would love it if that's the case

Quoting AngelSinger: Have you discussed this with your doctor? Maybe a different NSAID, like Toradol, could work for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:14 PM

maybe for some. I've never had pain medications before this point, not even an epidural. I was always afraid I would get high off something and then do something stupid like try to jump off the roof haha. 

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I thought oxys were the pain medication of choice.

AngelSinger
by MS Warrior on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:28 PM
It's an NSAID. It would be worth asking about. I hope you get better soon.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Please tell me it's not a form of ibprofen or narcotics? I would love it if that's the case

Quoting AngelSinger: Have you discussed this with your doctor? Maybe a different NSAID, like Toradol, could work for you.

julie515
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:32 PM
I hate percocet. I had an adverse reaction to it. I avoid meds in general.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)