Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Powder vs liquid formula!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
So I have a newborn who is a week and four days old and only drinks liquid formula. Which is what the nurses at the hospital gave him. We try the powder at home and he doesn't like it one bit. He throws it back up and I feel like he doesn't take the milk well. Only bad thing about the liquid is that it is way too expensive. We buy them in pack of six. I can only imagine how much we will have to spend when he drinks more oz. But I guess I rather see my baby happy then not drinking at all. Did you ladies give liquid or powder?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:58 PM
We used the liquid while DS was in the NICU for a week and once we got home we switched to powdered. He didn't have an issue with the change.

Have you tried a different brand?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Well if you'd stop feeding him spoonfuls of powder and mix the damn stuff with warm water to make it into a liquid...

Sisteract
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:01 PM
Are you mixing it with hot water? If you use boiled water and an immersion blender, the consistency is more palatable.
LeftieX
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:01 PM
We used powder but we had to try 5 or 6 before we found one that didnt make him sick.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:02 PM
I was doing it with warm water. I will try hot

Quoting Sisteract: Are you mixing it with hot water? If you use boiled water and an immersion blender, the consistency is more palatable.
LeftieX
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:02 PM
Ha

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Well if you'd stop feeding him spoonfuls of powder and mix the damn stuff with warm water to make it into a liquid...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:03 PM
Which brand did you end up using?

Quoting LeftieX: We used powder but we had to try 5 or 6 before we found one that didnt make him sick.
mary716
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:04 PM
My older two were like that so I used concentrate. My youngest has been on powdered since we brought her home with no issues.
j.patzer
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:04 PM

I used both with my oldest, He did ok with either, but I had to start him on baby food at 4 months to maintain proper weight gain (dr drected).

LeftieX
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:05 PM
I don't remember. But it was one of the expensive, dairy free, sensitive formulas

Quoting Anonymous 1: Which brand did you end up using?

Quoting LeftieX: We used powder but we had to try 5 or 6 before we found one that didnt make him sick.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)