Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone think their child has something wrong with them (health, learning ect) and it turns out your wrong?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
Did the dr, teacher ect make you feel like you were overreacting or worrying over nothing? Do you think you were over worring?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:19 PM
No. I got my daughter evaluated when she turned two. She had a speech dilemma and a some motivation problem. Motivation got better. And we are still working on her speech she has an IEP for speech.

I'm looking into getting my son checked out. I called help me grow, and she said to call back end of June beginning of July.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:20 PM

Wish I had been over reacting. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:24 PM
We have abnormal things going on but test say he's fine...ok so dr said to me that I'm overreacting and I need to stop worrying. But still admits what I tell her is abnormal. I think at this point she thinks I'm making shit up. Looking at getting a new dr, but maybe I am overreacting?

Quoting Anonymous 3:

LeftieX
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:24 PM
No, opposite. Everyone was freaking out that ds was speech delayed, and I knew that he was, but I also saw that the therapy did nothing but upset him, and I knew he'd be fine anyway, so I took him out of the therapy. And a year later he was chattering away right on target.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:25 PM
No I think it's the exact opposite. Parents look to have their children labeled as quickly as possible. It's trendy or an excuse for no or bad parenting skills.
j.patzer
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:25 PM

When my son was 9 months old had had him evluated for bowed legs and weak ankles. was told he was fine. at 16 months old he was STILL haveing issues walking, had him reevluated and turns out he needed bracces in his shoes. He could have been walking much sooner if they had done the braces when I first brought him in. hes a happy healthy active almost 4 year old now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:29 PM
Are you having medical or developmental concerns?

If it is the latter, I would see a developmental pediatrician. They do extensive testing a regular ped doesn't do. Many have long wait lists so best to call early.

Quoting Anonymous 1: We have abnormal things going on but test say he's fine...ok so dr said to me that I'm overreacting and I need to stop worrying. But still admits what I tell her is abnormal. I think at this point she thinks I'm making shit up. Looking at getting a new dr, but maybe I am overreacting?

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Austinsmom35
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:32 PM
I was dismissed several times when I told the doctors that I thought something was wrong with my son. I wish I had been the one who was wrong.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:35 PM
What were your concerns and for what reasons were they dissmissed?

Quoting Austinsmom35: I was dismissed several times when I told the doctors that I thought something was wrong with my son. I wish I had been the one who was wrong.
yorkiemum
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:36 PM
I wish
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)