• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you let your kid go?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
I know this family through church. They invited my youngest to go with them for the day to this fossil site about an hour away. It's like a tourist type place for kid where they learn about dinosaurs and "dig for fossils." Etc. and then after I'd meet them and DS at their son's birthday party.

My son is 4.

I don't know the family THAT well. I mean, I know them but not all to well.

I know the older kids better. They used to attend a daycare I worked at. Their mom was my boss.

This is their father and step mother.

The 1/2 brother is having a birthday and since he and my son are in the same Sunday school class they are kinda buddies. They really like playing together.

I kind of like the family okay. I know the older kids are great. But their mom never said anything nice at all about the SM or the dad. I worked for her for over a year.

It would be the first time DS went anywhere with his friends like that.

Would you let him?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldnt but im very particular about who my children are with.
ivegotrhythm
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:42 PM
Not at the age of four. No.
bigmouthbabe
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:43 PM
Not at 4. I don't think so.
Mrs.Elsey8486
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:44 PM
Well just because his ex wife never said anything nice about him and the new wife does not mean they are bad ppl. Just means the ex wife had issues with them both. Idk, I might let my kid go. But if you really dont feel comfortable with it then dont.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:44 PM

Quoting ivegotrhythm: Not at the age of four. No.
jaxons_mama
by Live*Laugh*Love on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:45 PM
No
J.Squared
by Mrs. Ackles on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:46 PM

at four, unless I really knew them, no. 

Myw1ldcrazylife
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:46 PM

No.  I could elaborate why, but the bottom line is even the people you think you can trust with your kids could be someone who hurts them badly.  I have lived this with my oldest. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:46 PM
I don't know. I think they're nice people. They seem nice. But Ive heard bad things about them. So it's hard to forget that.

Quoting Mrs.Elsey8486: Well just because his ex wife never said anything nice about him and the new wife does not mean they are bad ppl. Just means the ex wife had issues with them both. Idk, I might let my kid go. But if you really dont feel comfortable with it then dont.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:46 PM
Oh how awful!

Quoting Myw1ldcrazylife:

No.  I could elaborate why, but the bottom line is even the people you think you can trust with your kids could be someone who hurts them badly.  I have lived this with my oldest. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)