Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you've applied or work for the post office

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
I recently applied for a job at the post office and had to take a test on the computer.

I passed and then was sent an email stating they needed to run a background check and driving record check. I gave them the info and then the sent me another email stating they needed my addresses for the last 5 years and before I could finish that they sent me another email asking me to go get a urine test.

My question is are they even considering me at this point or do they do this for every person who passes the computer test? I know I don't have the job, heck I haven't even had a face to face interview but I'm just wondering if this is all routine or if it means something more.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:50 PM

This job takes 2 years or longer to call you back. It will not be immediate. It never is unless you scored in the 90s. I've taken the postal test 3x. Test 1, I got 71.2. I was never called. Test 2 I scored 83.1. I was called after 2 1/2 yrs and accepted a position as P/T flexible Mark up clerk (this title has been removed now)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:57 PM
I made an 83.2 on the test, I had no clue it would take years to work for them. Glad I'm not holding my breath in anticipation.

So did they ask for all of that info after you took your first test?

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

This job takes 2 years or longer to call you back. It will not be immediate. It never is unless you scored in the 90s. I've taken the postal test 3x. Test 1, I got 71.2. I was never called. Test 2 I scored 83.1. I was called after 2 1/2 yrs and accepted a position as P/T flexible Mark up clerk (this title has been removed now)

Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:59 PM

That was 15 yrs ago lol give me a minute and let me think.

Ok. Once they got up to me, I was sent a letter pretty much an offer of employment. They make an appointment for the interview, which (you're already hired) they make you do your 10 yrs employment on the app, and a drug test. Paid training and everything. I started as a mark up or clerical (keyboard) type clerk, then I resigned, came back as a Window clerk. I was a window clerk for 3 yrs. Then I bid off of the window and into the facility as a mail processing clerk. I've almost done it all.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I made an 83.2 on the test, I had no clue it would take years to work for them. Glad I'm not holding my breath in anticipation. So did they ask for all of that info after you took your first test?
Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:06 PM
Ok, thanks. I'll just cross my fingers and keep looking elsewhere.

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

That was 15 yrs ago lol give me a minute and let me think.

Ok. Once they got up to me, I was sent a letter pretty much an offer of employment. They make an appointment for the interview, which (you're already hired) they make you do your 10 yrs employment on the app, and a drug test. Paid training and everything. I started as a mark up or clerical (keyboard) type clerk, then I resigned, came back as a Window clerk. I was a window clerk for 3 yrs. Then I bid off of the window and into the facility as a mail processing clerk. I've almost done it all.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I made an 83.2 on the test, I had no clue it would take years to work for them. Glad I'm not holding my breath in anticipation.

So did they ask for all of that info after you took your first test?

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)