Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feel bad for my 2 yo

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:12 PM
  • 16 Replies
He is desperately trying to get dh attention. Saying daddy daddy over and over again. He's ignoring him. Why? Because he is watching videos. I just got out of the shower. I don't get it. He hasn't seen him all day. He wont pay attention to him.
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:15 PM
I zone out too when watching tv. Did he just get home? Maybe give him time to decompress before bombarding him
Kenre
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:16 PM
Allow dad an hour or so to unwind from work. That usually helps.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:19 PM
My husband does that sometimes and it irks me. I go up and tell him "someone's trying to get your attention". That usually gets him to stop what he's doing and pay attention to the kids. If I have to answer every "mommy" "mommy" he should have to do the same, lol.
Baby4us09
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:31 PM
He has been home for 5 hours. He ate and relaxed. Watched a few videos already. Then he wanted his fatjers attention.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I zone out too when watching tv. Did he just get home? Maybe give him time to decompress before bombarding him
Baby4us09
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:31 PM
He had 5.

Quoting Kenre: Allow dad an hour or so to unwind from work. That usually helps.
Baby4us09
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:32 PM
He looked up long enough to tell him no.

Quoting Anonymous 2: My husband does that sometimes and it irks me. I go up and tell him "someone's trying to get your attention". That usually gets him to stop what he's doing and pay attention to the kids. If I have to answer every "mommy" "mommy" he should have to do the same, lol.
DarksMama
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Take his laptop, and make him spend time with his son. He's a douche

Quoting Baby4us09: He looked up long enough to tell him no.

Quoting Anonymous 2: My husband does that sometimes and it irks me. I go up and tell him "someone's trying to get your attention". That usually gets him to stop what he's doing and pay attention to the kids. If I have to answer every "mommy" "mommy" he should have to do the same, lol.
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:08 PM

I'd be mad.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:09 PM
Turn that shit off and give them something they can do together. I wouldn't say he's necessarily an asshole. He just doesn't realize what he has. My dh could tell him how much it sucks when that 2yr old isn't standing there saying "daddy" over and over. Now he can't wait to get home and he cherishes his time with the kids.
Baby4us09
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:11 PM
He won't.
Last night I'm sitting and knitting trying to relax. He was watching tv. D's takes a diaper to him and says daddy pooped. He says go to mom to change your diaper. I don't get it. Im lost. I feel like selling every tv. I have to practically beg him to spend time with his children. Or he will tell me I am spending time with them. We are watching tv. Ugh

Quoting DarksMama: Take his laptop, and make him spend time with his son. He's a douche

Quoting Baby4us09: He looked up long enough to tell him no.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)