• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He tackled my daughter!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
We were at the park today and these 2 kids about 1 and 3 started playing with my kids. (Also 1&3) suddenly the little one grabbed on to Dd (1) and just about had her on the ground so I got her up, made her feel better and just said "uh oh, that's not very nice. Let's try and play nicely."
And they did for a while. The 3 year old was telling me about her little life lol. Then the 1 year old literally tackled Dd and he was on top of her biting her and pinching her. I tried my best to get Dd out from underneath him without hurting the kid. I get her up and said "that's not very nice. We don't hurt. Let's play nicely." He started pinching her so as gently as I could I took his hand off of her and went to the other side of the park. The mom did absolutely nothing. She wasn't even watching them.

What would you have done about this whole situation?
I always feel so awkward with other people's kids but he was hurting my daughter and his mother was no where in sight 🙄
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I would have went up to the mom and told her to control her child or I will
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:00 PM
I'd have brought him to his mom and told her to do a better job watching him.
Supercrazy101
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:03 PM
2 moms liked this
I would have got my
Manly voice out and scared the little brat. He should know better. Shifty parents I bet.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:03 PM
I would have yanked the little shit off my child and screamed for his mom to get the brat
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:04 PM
I would've removed my child as well and let her play elsewhere. Unfortunately some parents suck and this is what happens. /: I've been there. Ds7 still has a scar on his hand from when he was 3 and playing with this ball with some other child at a community church thing. This child like 5yrs old, bigger than ds at the time came running up, plowed into ds took the ball from him. In the process he really hurt ds' hand and made him bleed. I never saw the child with an adult there. I was so very angry.
Mrs.Elsey8486
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:08 PM
I would have said "NO. Don't do that, thats bad!" And it would notnhave been in a nice tone. Then i would have told the mom to watch her brat.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:12 PM

I would be teaching my daughter not to let others treat her like that. 

Seriously. This is normal behavior, and learning to handle it themselves is an important part of development. 

Southernmom924
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:14 PM

This is why my daughter is in judo.

Crazy-Steph
by Emerald Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:14 PM
First the mom did nothing, then she was nowhere in sight? So there was a 1 year old and a 3 year old, unsupervised, at the park?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:34 PM
Basically, yes. It's hard to explain. I guess saying that she was no where in sight is kind of an exaggeration. But she was on the other side of the play ground where the kids could not have been in her sight. She wasn't watching them.

Quoting Crazy-Steph: First the mom did nothing, then she was nowhere in sight? So there was a 1 year old and a 3 year old, unsupervised, at the park?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)