Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you be a tattle tale

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 184 Replies
My 10yo son baseball season starts tomorrow .yay!!! But I have an issue and I'm wondering how others would handle it....

My son's travel team plays every sat and sunday. While it's a travel team, we don't actually travel. We have the best field in this part of the country so people travel to us exclusively.

Last year about half way through the season I noticed parents started bringing alcohol to games. I think that since we spend so much time at this field that people have just gotten to comfortable, and that has led to this. They bring local coffee shop cups and pour it into those. At one point one dad even brought a small keg.

Well I ignored it last year, but it made me really uncomfortable. It seemed really sad, and even at one game I felt one dad got a little annoying. He was clearly drunk not being rude to the other team....just annoying.

Well over the last year I have joined the rec baseball board of directors. I have become close to the guys who regulate the fields.

Technically this is not a rec field nor is it rec games, but I still feel a little responsible for the field and conduct on it.

So the question is .....would you tell someone who would make them stop. Or would you ignore it?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heydooney
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:16 PM
You can't be the only one who notices. I'd let it go unless someone is repeatedly stupid about it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:17 PM
3 moms liked this
I would join in the drinking as long as it was after noon.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Are there any rules against drinking on the field?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:20 PM
3 moms liked this
I would most definitely say something! What if a parent wrecked after drinking at the game, with their children in the car? You would wish you'd had said something then. Definitely say something.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:21 PM
Well if say 6 of the 12 families are drinking. 3 if the remaining 6 are coaches who's wives rarely join us then therrs me. That leaves 2 families. Both of which don't spend much time sitting with the group.

Quoting heydooney: You can't be the only one who notices. I'd let it go unless someone is repeatedly stupid about it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:21 PM
I don't need to drink at my child's baseball game. I find it pathetic.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I would join in the drinking as long as it was after noon.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Let it go unless it becomes a safety issue or interferes with the kids' enjoyment of the games.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm surprised moms ahead of me seem to be ok about it.. /:
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:22 PM
Of course. It's against the law.

Quoting Sassy762: Are there any rules against drinking on the field?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:23 PM
Well I guess anytime an adults drinks and drives it's a safety issye, but that's really not my biggest issue I guess

Quoting B1Bomber:

Let it go unless it becomes a safety issue or interferes with the kids' enjoyment of the games.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)