• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teaching kids LBGT-child abuse

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
engagedandproud
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:27 PM
They're stupid.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:28 PM
Who?

Quoting engagedandproud: They're stupid.
ninjakids
by Christina on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:30 PM
I refuse to find a website called "Christian post" as credible
engagedandproud
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:30 PM
The college

Quoting Anonymous 1: Who?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:30 PM
Every thing nowadays is considered child abuse. Hell, with a good enough lawyer, keeping a child from a parent who did meth around them and left them alone in a river, at 4 years old, to smoke and get drunk, while the child almost drowned, can be considered parental alienation and child abuse.
KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:31 PM
I think calling things that clearly aren't child abuse as being such really weakens the term. I also disagree 100% with that article.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:31 PM
I see..

Quoting engagedandproud: The college

Quoting Anonymous 1: Who?

TheRaz
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:31 PM
The American College of Pediatricians (ACPeds) is a socially conservative association of pediatricians and other healthcare professionals in the United States. The College was founded in 2002 by a group of pediatricians including Joseph Zanga, a past president of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), as a protest against the AAP's support for adoption by gay couples.[1][2] The group's membership has been estimated at between 60 and 200 members.[1][3] ACPeds describes itself as "a national organization of pediatricians and other healthcare professionals dedicated to the health and well-being of children... committed to fulfilling its mission by producing sound policy, based upon the best available research, to assist parents and to influence society in the endeavor of childrearing."[4]

Zanga has described ACPeds as a group "with Judeo-Christian, traditional values that is open to pediatric medical professionals of all religions who hold true to the group's core beliefs: that life begins at conception; and that the traditional family unit, headed by a different-sex couple, poses far fewer risk factors in the adoption and raising of children."[5] The organization's view on parenting is at odds with the position of the American Academy of Pediatrics, which holds that sexual orientation has no correlation with the ability to be a good parent and to raise healthy and well-adjusted children.[3][6][7] The American College of Pediatricians has been described by the Southern Poverty Law Center as a "hate group" with "a history of propagating damaging falsehoods about LGBT people".
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:35 PM
Interesting

Quoting TheRaz: The American College of Pediatricians (ACPeds) is a socially conservative association of pediatricians and other healthcare professionals in the United States. The College was founded in 2002 by a group of pediatricians including Joseph Zanga, a past president of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), as a protest against the AAP's support for adoption by gay couples.[1][2] The group's membership has been estimated at between 60 and 200 members.[1][3] ACPeds describes itself as "a national organization of pediatricians and other healthcare professionals dedicated to the health and well-being of children... committed to fulfilling its mission by producing sound policy, based upon the best available research, to assist parents and to influence society in the endeavor of childrearing."[4]

Zanga has described ACPeds as a group "with Judeo-Christian, traditional values that is open to pediatric medical professionals of all religions who hold true to the group's core beliefs: that life begins at conception; and that the traditional family unit, headed by a different-sex couple, poses far fewer risk factors in the adoption and raising of children."[5] The organization's view on parenting is at odds with the position of the American Academy of Pediatrics, which holds that sexual orientation has no correlation with the ability to be a good parent and to raise healthy and well-adjusted children.[3][6][7] The American College of Pediatricians has been described by the Southern Poverty Law Center as a "hate group" with "a history of propagating damaging falsehoods about LGBT people".
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:36 PM
1 mom liked this
They may be right. I thought most of you nutters hang on every word pediatricians say. Pick and choose I guess.
I don't care. My kids are adults. None of them are gay/lesbian and none of them ever expressed confusion about their genders. Pretending this confusion doesn't stem from mental illness will pass when this trend loses it thunder.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)