• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She's not a toddler, wtf is her deal?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
My 9yr old just threw a 4yr old size tantrum because she doesn't have anyone to sleep with at this very moment. She's screaming and stomping and she woke her little sister up. I'm going to sit her and count to 20 before I lose my shit.

Update already: she threw her little fit and went on to bed. Sheesh. Youngest Dd also is back to sleep. I think she's just exhausted and was lashing out. Ds fell asleep on the couch so if she's alone I'll put them together.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:28 PM
Oh and she easily could have crawled in bed with her little sister who has a queen size bed.
young_lv_mom
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:30 PM
Ask her if she would want to lay down with someone stopping her feet like she is. It might make her think for a second and give you time to get her to understand she can't always get what she wants. It happens, but hopefully she will cut it out soon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:33 PM
Why does your 9 year old need someone to sleep with? Maybe if you'd stop letting her, then she wouldn't act like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:33 PM
Luckily for all of us she already stopped and went to bed. I'm not sure where but the noise stopped already. Whew. She wants to sleep in HER twin size bed and wants someone to come to her bed. The other two have queen beds. I actually want her to try a different bed too because she's complaining of back pain. I think she's just overly tired.

Quoting young_lv_mom: Ask her if she would want to lay down with someone stopping her feet like she is. It might make her think for a second and give you time to get her to understand she can't always get what she wants. It happens, but hopefully she will cut it out soon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this
She's feeling neglected and left out. Don't be angry. Be loving. HUG HER BEFORE ANY DISCIPLINE.
My 6yo does the same thing because her youngest sister sleeps in our room, and her younger sister gets to crawl into bed with mommy after dad goes to work when everyone is still asleep.
Find some time to do alone time with her. Let her know she is still important to you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:35 PM
I don't know why she needs it. I don't care where they sleep. It's never been an issue but my 4yr old fell asleep way early and I just laid her in her own bed. My 9yr old can go sleep with her even. Or get in ds's bed and he'll be up in a minute. It's never really an issue until tonight.
I think she's just really tired. She already got quiet.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Why does your 9 year old need someone to sleep with? Maybe if you'd stop letting her, then she wouldn't act like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:37 PM
I really think she's just too tired. I told her she could pick ANY bed in the house. Including mine. She wants her brother or sister to come to her bed. She's already quiet and in bed somewhere so I'm just leaving it alone.

Quoting Anonymous 3: She's feeling neglected and left out. Don't be angry. Be loving. HUG HER BEFORE ANY DISCIPLINE.
My 6yo does the same thing because her youngest sister sleeps in our room, and her younger sister gets to crawl into bed with mommy after dad goes to work when everyone is still asleep.
Find some time to do alone time with her. Let her know she is still important to you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:37 PM
Well maybe it's time to start caring. And why does she only have a twin bed but your other kids have queen sized beds?

Quoting Anonymous 1: I don't know why she needs it. I don't care where they sleep. It's never been an issue but my 4yr old fell asleep way early and I just laid her in her own bed. My 9yr old can go sleep with her even. Or get in ds's bed and he'll be up in a minute. It's never really an issue until tonight.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Why does your 9 year old need someone to sleep with? Maybe if you'd stop letting her, then she wouldn't act like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:39 PM
I'm just saying. Sure she might be tired now, but these feelings are there for a reason.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I really think she's just too tired. I told her she could pick ANY bed in the house. Including mine. She wants her brother or sister to come to her bed. She's already quiet and in bed somewhere so I'm just leaving it alone.

Quoting Anonymous 3: She's feeling neglected and left out. Don't be angry. Be loving. HUG HER BEFORE ANY DISCIPLINE.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:41 PM
Several reasons. She actually has stuff in her room. A desk, toys, a chair she wanted, and a gorgeous armoire. Her bed was bought brand new to match furniture and she picked it. The other two got a bed bought used, and dh's and my old bed. Their beds weren't brand new, not planned as long, and cost us much less.
I don't see an issue with siblings sleeping together and she had the option to sleep with her sister.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Well maybe it's time to start caring. And why does she only have a twin bed but your other kids have queen sized beds?

Quoting Anonymous 1: I don't know why she needs it. I don't care where they sleep. It's never been an issue but my 4yr old fell asleep way early and I just laid her in her own bed. My 9yr old can go sleep with her even. Or get in ds's bed and he'll be up in a minute. It's never really an issue until tonight.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)