Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Glad to have a doctor who is finally working with me!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this
I was diagnosed with PCOS back in July my OB at the time put me on 2000mg of Metformine but it made me so sick I couldn't function. When I told him this at my 3 month follow up and he refused to put me on anything else. He told me to stick with the metformin that I would get use to it. I kept with it every day as well as the birth control to manage the symptoms but after of months still taking it I was still sick to my stomach all the time. After another appointment with the OB he still wasn't listening and refused to give me any other information as far as treatment goes. After that I stopped taking it.
So I recently I switched to an OB (due to insurance change) that also specializes in natural medicine and I went in for a pap smear and to talk to her about my PCOS and get a new script for my birth control. She told me that she thought I should try a natural route and she gave me a list of supplements that I could take. So I went home and did my own research and found that insolitol mixed with folic acid works wonders, that it helps with the insulin resistance and which will then help with weight loss. So I called the nurses line the next day and after asking her my question she transfered me to my doctor who told me that it would be a great route to take. I started taking them a month ago today and I have lost 12 lbs. I am so happy that I finally found something that is working with my diet and exercise. It was such a nice change to have a doctor that listened to me and worked with me to help me figure out what was the right path to take. Hopefully now I can keep going with this and get back into shape and be a healthier person.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:45 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:45 PM
Bump
WickedOpal
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:49 PM
Share your doses and how do I get them!?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

I take 2 of the inositol and 1 of the folic acid. I take them 30 minutes before breakfast with a full glass of water. I got them at GNC. The Folic Acid was $5.00 and the Inositol was 11.99.
They say the powder Inositol works better but it's way more expensive.

Quoting WickedOpal: Share your doses and how do I get them!?
WickedOpal
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2016 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank You! I'm going to try it. I gained a bunch of weight after my last child and I know it was the PCOS. BCP's never worked for me and now I have a chance with something with less side effects. I appreciate this so much.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Mobile Photo

I take 2 of the inositol and 1 of the folic acid. I take them 30 minutes before breakfast with a full glass of water. I got them at GNC. The Folic Acid was $5.00 and the Inositol was 11.99.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2016 at 12:06 AM
You are so very welcome. I have had the same problems after my second child but didn't know I had PCOS. BCPs didn't work for me either but I take them to reduce pregnancy risk. I hope it does help you as it did with me. Everything I have read about it during many research was good so it gave me hope.

Quoting WickedOpal: Thank You! I'm going to try it. I gained a bunch of weight after my last child and I know it was the PCOS. BCP's never worked for me and now I have a chance with something with less side effects. I appreciate this so much.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Mobile Photo

WickedOpal
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2016 at 12:10 AM
I had a surgery called an ablation that scarred the inside of my uterus. Chances of getting PG dropped to almost zero, in my case. All I am worrying about is reducing the weight and diabetes risks.

Quoting Anonymous 1: You are so very welcome. I have had the same problems after my second child but didn't know I had PCOS. BCPs didn't work for me either but I take them to reduce pregnancy risk. I hope it does help you as it did with me. Everything I have read about it during many research was good so it gave me hope.

Quoting WickedOpal: Thank You! I'm going to try it. I gained a bunch of weight after my last child and I know it was the PCOS. BCP's never worked for me and now I have a chance with something with less side effects. I appreciate this so much.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2016 at 12:16 AM
I totally get that. My uterus is scarred from having my placenta ripped out by the Maternity Doctor that delivered my DD 4 years ago. I have had an ultra sound in regards to it and can still have kids fortunately. I hate what it's done to my body.

Quoting WickedOpal: I had a surgery called an ablation that scarred the inside of my uterus. Chances of getting PG dropped to almost zero, in my case. All I am worrying about is reducing the weight and diabetes risks.

Quoting Anonymous 1: You are so very welcome. I have had the same problems after my second child but didn't know I had PCOS. BCPs didn't work for me either but I take them to reduce pregnancy risk. I hope it does help you as it did with me. Everything I have read about it during many research was good so it gave me hope.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Mobile Photo

WickedOpal
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2016 at 12:20 AM
Yeah, PCOS is a bitch. I'll agree. It's ruined my body and I'm tired of allowing it. I can't be over 300 pounds anymore. It's utter BS.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I totally get that. My uterus is scarred from having my placenta ripped out by the Maternity Doctor that delivered my DD 4 years ago. I have had an ultra sound in regards to it and can still have kids fortunately. I hate what it's done to my body.

Quoting WickedOpal: I had a surgery called an ablation that scarred the inside of my uterus. Chances of getting PG dropped to almost zero, in my case. All I am worrying about is reducing the weight and diabetes risks.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Mobile Photo

kookiered79
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2016 at 12:20 AM
Thank you for sharing! I have PCOS as well so this is very helpful! Where do you get the insolitol?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)