Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Marijuana and pregnancy?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
I'm curious,

What are the effect on a baby whrn mom and dad are heavy mj users? And she just found out she's 6 months pregnant. (Negative blood test and doc diagnosed her as having ibs ) but that's another story.

Focused here, she continued to smoke during her pregnancy and stopped yesterday. (Positive ultrasound , complained of movement Dr ordered an ultrasound at her appt time yesterday )

Did my sister *fuc** up? She's super worried.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2016 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 12:11 AM
She sounds like a fuck up.
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Apr. 11, 2016 at 12:12 AM
I've known plenty of women who smoke marijuana while pregnant. I don't agree with it, but it certainly has to be better than drinking or doing hard drugs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 12:16 AM
Oh d you are one of those that think pot smokers are losers? I think she's doing good for herself. But shrugs. Stay focus!

Quoting Anonymous 2: She sounds like a fuck up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 12:19 AM
I know several women who smoked marijuana every day in pregnancy whose babies were perfectly healthy, are developmentally normal, and had zero complications. I smoked marijuana during both my pregnancies, though not every day, and my kids are also perfectly fine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 12:22 AM
I was just reading an article about this. Thanks for sharing your experience, she will feel better ready that. She says she's done but worried

Quoting Anonymous 3: I know several women who smoked marijuana every day in pregnancy whose babies were perfectly healthy, are developmentally normal, and had zero complications. I smoked marijuana during both my pregnancies, though not every day, and my kids are also perfectly fine.
Americanwoman3
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 12:22 AM
I smoked everyday with all three of mine and I had babies that were alert and scored well on their APGAR.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 12:22 AM
I smoked everyday with all three of mine and I had babies that were alert and scored well on their APGAR.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 12:24 AM
No she didn't fuck up. I smoked, and ate edibles with both pregnancies. Both kids are as healthy as can be. My oldest is actually ahead of kids his age, and my youngest learns very fast, I'm sure he'll be smart just like his brother. My doctor knew I smoked. I had pretty bad nausea, and vomiting until I gave birth. If I didn't smoke I would've ended up in the hospital for malnutrition. It's a hell of a lot safer than pharmaceutical medications.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 12:25 AM
Many are losers, yes. But I also think choosing to smoke anything during pregnancy with unknown side effects makes you an idiot. Are you high right now? What you wrote was full of errors, and made very little sense.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Oh d you are one of those that think pot smokers are losers? I think she's doing good for herself. But shrugs. Stay focus!

Quoting Anonymous 2: She sounds like a fuck up.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)