Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Goodie bags for a plane trip--tacky?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies

So I will be flying with 3 kids this week--one that has autism with sensory issues, another that is a baby who babbles a lot, do you think it would be tacky or appreciated if I made goodie bags for some of the surrounding passengers with like ear plugs and some chocolate?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:06 AM

control your kids

piperhalliwell1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:08 AM
I think it would be appreciated... most people I've flown with have been pretty great when the kids were younger...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:08 AM
I'd take that as a sorry I'm not going to control my kids deal with it thing.
SaintJudes
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:09 AM
I don't think it's necessary... I think it'd be kind of weird...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:10 AM
2 moms liked this
St his is my thought on those. They're stupid. Your children are passengers just like everyone else, they will act age appropriate, and the surrounding passenger will just get over it.

I fly a lot and have heard my fare share of babies freaking out on planes, and I'm ok with it. Babies or special needs get will do that, and it's ok.

There's nothing to be sorry about. I mean the annoying guy who doesn't stop talking doesn't hand out "I'm sorry I'm annoying bags" so you shouldn't either.
SaintJudes
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:11 AM
Dont they sell earplugs on the plane? If people have a problem they can buy some.

Sorry folks but that's life.

MOM-RN
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:12 AM
Exactly

Quoting Anonymous 4: St his is my thought on those. They're stupid. Your children are passengers just like everyone else, they will act age appropriate, and the surrounding passenger will just get over it.

I fly a lot and have heard my fare share of babies freaking out on planes, and I'm ok with it. Babies or special needs get will do that, and it's ok.

There's nothing to be sorry about. I mean the annoying guy who doesn't stop talking doesn't hand out "I'm sorry I'm annoying bags" so you shouldn't either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:14 AM
I fly a lot.

I don't like ear plugs. I like parents who control their kids and silently entertain them. It's kind of like giving your taxi driver a bucket of soapy water and a scrub brush and saying, "here is a gift. I get car sick often."
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:18 AM

I get that but as stated, it will be their first time flying aka maybe be more fearful than usual, sometimes controlling a child with autism is easier said than done and a baby is a baby and saying "be quiet" doesnt work.  Get off your high horse and be realistic and not uppity.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

control your kids

CLA25233
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:20 AM

I wouldn't draw attention to myself like that.  While it's a nice thought, in this day and age, it may give some the wrong impression and make them more aware of things your kids do that they normally wouldn't have.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)