Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't believe she did that

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies
My mother in law and I have never been close, but as awful as she's always been to me, I just can't believe she actually did this.

I have a 15 year old sister in law. She was raised very religiously by her parents. No birth control, abstinence only, wait till marriage. Because of this, I've always found it extremely strange that she's allowed to date and spend time alone with her boyfriend. It was only a matter of time until she was pregnant and now she is. She's 24 weeks, due in July. I haven't had a lot to do with this girl at all as mil doesn't approve of me, but she called me during the week last week to ask for help. Her parents do not approve of her being an unwed single mother and do not want to be responsible for her baby. They have a couple that they are friends with that they would like to adopt this baby. Sil does not want an adoption, she wants to raise her baby and she didn't know who else to ask for help or advice. I spoke to my husband and after lots of talking, we agreed that we would offer to help, up to and including having Sil and her baby live with us. We talked to Sil and her parents this weekend. Mil is furious that we got involved, mad that her daughter doesn't want to fall into line with her plans, and mad her friends won't get a baby. She gave Sil an ultimatum today, either agree to sign the papers, or she has to leave. Sil is now upstairs in our spare bedroom. She cried herself to sleep. Mil had told her that if she disobeyed mil she was dead to her and to never come back home. I've had several nasty voice-mail messages from mil blaming me for this, for taking her child, for getting involved. Odd, that she was so ok with trying to force her decision on a mother and her child but I'm the bad guy for giving options. I never expected something like this, but I honestly don't regret offering to help sil. I can't imagine what she's going through. And I don't think I will ever be able to forgive or move past what mil has done.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WemblyFraggle
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:19 AM

What does your DH say?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Just be there and comfort the girl as much as possible
Please.

I KNOW she needs it.

You did the right thing.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:21 AM
8 moms liked this
ALL of y'all are better off without that controlling bitch. I would leave her a voicemail and say "YOU are dead to us also. Please dont call again, we dont believe in ghosts or talking to the dead", LMAOOOOO
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Where's baby daddy? How is his family reacting?

You guys are kind to help her. Make sure she's protected as soon as that baby is born. She probably doesn't know she's still fertile after delivery even without a period.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:24 AM
He's furious and just as stunned as I am that she did this. He isn't really sure how to deal with his sister, so except for saying he'll always be there for her he's let me handle her, but he did speak to his mother and made his position clear to her.

Quoting WemblyFraggle:

What does your DH say?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:28 AM
I haven't spoken to them, but they want nothing to do with the baby, from what sil and her parents have said. That is on the list of things to do, we'll speak with the boy and his parents and determine the best course of action.

Absolutely. One of the conditions for us helping, having her in our house, is that she relieves implantable birth control or the shot, something she can't forget to take, once the baby is born.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Where's baby daddy? How is his family reacting?

You guys are kind to help her. Make sure she's protected as soon as that baby is born. She probably doesn't know she's still fertile after delivery even without a period.
xoch86
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:28 AM

Any word on the baby's father?

Sheila79
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:29 AM
I wouldn't be forgetting any of this either
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:33 AM
I will. I just never expected that I'd have to deal with something like this. I feel absolutely awful for her. I can't imagine having my parents turn on me like that, and this was a preventable situation. Her parents allowed this to happen and now they're just making it worse.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Just be there and comfort the girl as much as possible
Please.

I KNOW she needs it.

You did the right thing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:34 AM
3 moms liked this
That's funny, and it'd probably feel good, but my priority isn't getting at her, it's helping sil through this. My husband and I are done with her though. We'll have to speak with her to arrange custody /guardianship of sil, but that will be the extent of our communications with her and it'll be handled through a lawyer.

Quoting Sassy762: ALL of y'all are better off without that controlling bitch. I would leave her a voicemail and say "YOU are dead to us also. Please dont call again, we dont believe in ghosts or talking to the dead", LMAOOOOO
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)