Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't remember asking you what you think.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
My boyfriend and I have been together almost a year. In February we found out I'm pregnant. I had Nexplanon in, but apparently, that doesn't work for me.

We fully intend to parent this child together and to continue seeing each other, but we aren't going to get married or move in together, we just aren't there yet. We've talked about this at length several times and we're happy with the situation as it stands now. Obviously we would have preferred I not get pregnant, but what's done is done.

I was already 14 weeks when I found out I was pregnant, I'm almost 23 weeks now so this weekend, we told our families that I was pregnant. The first thing his mother asked was, "when are you getting married". We told her that we weren't, not yet at least, that nothing was really going to change right now. That was Friday night. For the last two days, she's done nothing but call us, then come by my apartment to talk to me, to demand I get married.

When she said she didn't want her grandchild to be a bastard, I told her to get out and please leave me the hell alone.

I honestly don't remember asking her what she thought, or asking her to tell me what to do. I've told my boyfriend what she is doing so he can deal with her, but she isn't listening. We told her if she doesn't leave us alone, she won't be in the baby's life at all, so I'm hoping she knocks this crap off soon.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2016 at 5:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Saphira1207
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 5:57 AM
2 moms liked this

Good for you for standing up for yourself!  And good for both of you for knowing what you are comfortable with and sticking to it.

couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 6:01 AM
Congratulations!

And good for you both for knowing exactly what you want from each other and not rushing into a forced commitment.
KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 6:01 AM
Congratulations on your pregnancy.

I hope she knocks it off soon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 6:06 AM
Thank you :)

I've never known any "forced" commitment to work out well for anyone.

Quoting couture-mommy: Congratulations!

And good for you both for knowing exactly what you want from each other and not rushing into a forced commitment.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 6:06 AM
Thanks.

Me too! I don't want to deal with this for the next X amount of years.

Quoting KaylinC03: Congratulations on your pregnancy.

KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 6:08 AM
Her showing up at your house is inappropriate. What does your boyfriend think?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thanks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 6:13 AM
He thinks she's lost her mind and has told her to leave me alone in both call and text.

Quoting KaylinC03: Her showing up at your house is inappropriate. What does your boyfriend think?

KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 6:16 AM
Good. Well hopefully she listens. :)

Quoting Anonymous 1: He thinks she's lost her mind and has told her to leave me alone in both call and text.

Quoting KaylinC03: Her showing up at your house is inappropriate. What does your boyfriend think?

woodswalker
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:07 AM
Save her texts. You may need them if you end up having to get a restraining order
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:09 AM
It didn't work for me. My parents pulled the same crap with me about my oldest being a bastard. We got married 2 weeks before ds8 was born and separated before he was 2.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thank you :)

I've never known any "forced" commitment to work out well for anyone.

Quoting couture-mommy: Congratulations!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)