Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Everlasting Eye Twitch

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

I've had an annoying eye-twitch in my right eye for two weeks now.  I've had problems with this eye-twitch before (it's always in the right eye), but it has never lasted this long.  It even woke me up in the middle of the night last night.

Has this ever happened to you?  What did you do to get rid of it?

I really don't want to go to the doctor for something like this...our insurance sucks and it seems like it would be a waste of time and money.

Nothing in my life has changed...I drink the same amount of coffee, get 7-8 hours of sleep, etc etc

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:52 AM

Try taking a sublingual B Complex supplement.

mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:52 AM
I only get an eye twitch when I am extremely stressed or sleep deprived. Yoga?
MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:52 AM
I had an eye twitch for a couple months. Turns out I needed glasses for distance. The twitching stopped immediately after I got my glasses lol. Maybe get your eyes tested?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:54 AM

Oh, I'll look into that, thanks!  

Quoting corticosteroid:

Try taking a sublingual B Complex supplement.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:55 AM

I've had the same prescription for awhile now, so yeah, I should probably get it checked.  Was your twitch in one eye or both eyes?

Quoting MistyMoo: I had an eye twitch for a couple months. Turns out I needed glasses. The twitching stopped immediately after I got my glasses lol. Maybe get your eyes tested?

MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:57 AM
Just the one, my right eye lol

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I've had the same prescription for awhile now, so yeah, I should probably get it checked.  Was your twitch in one eye or both eyes?

Quoting MistyMoo: I had an eye twitch for a couple months. Turns out I needed glasses. The twitching stopped immediately after I got my glasses lol. Maybe get your eyes tested?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:59 AM
I get one when I'm stressed and when my allergies are bothering me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:06 AM
I usually eat a banana or two and it gets rid of eye twitches.
Maddogsmommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:09 AM
I used to get them all the time, along with butt twitches, arm twitches, etc. I think I finally got on the right mix of vitamins because it doesn't happen often anymore.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:41 AM

I have eye-drops for allergies, I might try that!  I didn't even think allergies b/c I have no other symptoms.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I get one when I'm stressed and when my allergies are bothering me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)