Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How would you handle this situation

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
I just started working again to get out of the house and for extra fun money. I'm working swingso as to not have to pay so much in daycare and get home around 2am. I only work 4 days a week. DH works days and leaves at 5am. We have a 6 year old and a 3 year old. I have to get the 6 year old on the bus at 6:30am and the stop is down the street.

Here is my issue. I like to come back home and go back to sleep after the 6 yrs old is on the bus. If my 3 year old is awake I don't get to sleep and I'm at work before naptime. I have 2 choices I can wake the 3 year old to take the 6 year old to the bus or I can let the 3 year old sleep and drive the 6 year old to the bus when I see it coming down the street, I'm gone 3 minutes at the most. What would you do?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:18 AM
Personally, I would wake up the three year old. I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving him in the house alone.
casah4
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:18 AM
I'd let the 3-year-old sleep.
jessi2girls
by Emerald Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:21 AM
2 moms liked this
find a new job.. fun money isn't worth leaving a three year old home alone because you can schedule a better sleep schedule for yourself
jabs54
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:22 AM

I guess it depends on the 3 yr old.  If they always sleep late and is not the kind of kid that gets into everything they shouldn't if they did wake up, I would try it.

Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:23 AM

Let the kid sleep.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:25 AM
Let the 3yo sleep.
admsj5
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:25 AM
I would make sure the 3 yo knew where I was in the morning should he/she wake. Talk about in the evening repeatedly. Then I would let the 3yo sleep provided I could see the house from the bus stop.
geeez
by Baroness on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:27 AM
Let the 3yr old sleep...
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:28 AM

I would let the 3 yo sleep as I stood at the end of driveway to watch 6 yo get on bus. Go to bed.

KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:32 AM
This.

Quoting jessi2girls: find a new job.. fun money isn't worth leaving a three year old home alone because you can schedule a better sleep schedule for yourself
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)