Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He wants to be a woman?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
Here is my confession.My dh of 11 years has said that he is a woman and wants to transition fully in the coming months. I can not support him at all in this decision. I told him if he did, I would be serving him with divorce papers immediately. I won't ever accept his decision and I won't even try. I am honestly only attracted to men and since he told me this, I've lost any attraction to him. We have children together and I wouldn't stop him from seeing them, but I won't force them to accept him either. It will be up to them to form an opinion.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:17 AM
I'm betting troll post but on the off chance it's not I don't blame you. I'd probably have the same feelings as you and I'd have to leave my husband if he decided he wanted to be a woman.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:18 AM
You had no inklings before?

I am sure it would be incredibly hard to have a loved one come out as trans. You have to mourn the loss of the person you know and get to know someone else. I wish you and the kids luck. Therapy will help.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:19 AM

I'm sure he was prepared for your reaction.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:19 AM
I see nothing wrong with you're decision. But damn after 11 years he hits you with transitioning. I'm so sorry you're going though this. Stay strong.
WemblyFraggle
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:24 AM
Why give an ultimatum? There would be no 'if you do this' for me. Once that's out there, it's pretty hard to take back. Id be out. I could never look at him the same way. I'd wish him all the luck and happiness in the world though
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:25 AM

so divorce, move on with your life, and he can move on with his..

thatgirlyouknow
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:37 AM
He shouldn't have to continue in the wrong body. I don't know that I'd stay married to my husband either, but I would support him and remain friends with him. I'd also hope I raised my kids well enough that they would love and accept him regardless.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:39 AM
Divorce him and make him your girl friend!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:55 AM

not a troll post, believe me I wish it were...sitting at the lawyers office now waiting to file for divorce...never expected this in a million years :(

Quoting Roxygurl: I'm betting troll post but on the off chance it's not I don't blame you. I'd probably have the same feelings as you and I'd have to leave my husband if he decided he wanted to be a woman.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:57 AM

no clue at all...I came home from work on Friday and found him in full get up...this has been a hard weekend for sure (for me at least)...today he got up and went to work as if nothing had happened

Quoting Anonymous 2: You had no inklings before? I am sure it would be incredibly hard to have a loved one come out as trans. You have to mourn the loss of the person you know and get to know someone else. I wish you and the kids luck. Therapy will help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)