Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do not call my daughter....

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:33 AM
  • 39 Replies
The other day my cellphone rings, so I answer it.
I say, "hello"
and the person on the other end of the phone yells in a very rude voice, "who's this?!"
I didn't recognize the number.. and normal don't answer from numbers I don't know but I thought it may be my doctors office.. because I'm expecting a call from them.

but I was shocked at how rude the caller was.. and said," well you called my number..May I ask who this is"

and this person tells again..who is this..

so I asked who they were looking for..

"I'm looking for (insert my daughter's name here)"

my response, "I'm sorry, she is in the middle of doing her homework"

psa.. teach your child how to use some manners when placing a call..
(they are eight btw).

by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this

So the caller was an 8 year old?

Some kids really don't know how to use a phone as you just found out.

geeez
by Baroness on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:36 AM
2 moms liked this
Whatever happened to may I speak to so n so please...
bigmouthbabe
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this
You were way nicer than I would have been.
Ginger0104
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Wouldn't 8 be around the time a kid is starting to learn to place phone calls?  It doesn't come naturally, and being rude at 8 isn't a reflection that the parents are dropping the ball entirely on phone etiquette. 

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:44 AM
2 moms liked this
I say the same thing "You called ME, who are you?" If they won't answer, I just hang up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this
This happened on dh's phone. Lady was calling from a company (ww were waiting for her call back). I answered & she asked me who I was. Boy did she get an earful. Lol
marmie41
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:15 AM
3 moms liked this
When the say "who is this" I always reply "the person who answered the phone you called, what is your name?
LissieRun
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this
as my boys learn the phone I stand nearby so I can correct them quickly, I just snap my fingers and they rember what they are supposed to do. They can handle the rest themselves, but for those first few minutes it can be hectic.

There friends acted similarly I thought it was cute, because they are learning. After elementary school, now that's a different story. I hate when telemarketers call and get rude with me, I don't have time for that nonsense.
Medic32
by Go PREDS! on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Are you serious? It is absolutely a reflection on their parenting. If their child is still learning, then supervision is needed.

Quoting Ginger0104:

Wouldn't 8 be around the time a kid is starting to learn to place phone calls?  It doesn't come naturally, and being rude at 8 isn't a reflection that the parents are dropping the ball entirely on phone etiquette. 

Spam72
by Emerald Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this

My kids aren't old enough to to use the phone until they can say, "hello this is Katy s.  May I please speak to Mary?" 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)