Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why don't you have a cell phone?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
If you don't have a cell, why not?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:35 AM
I can't imagine not having a cell phone.

My father in law didn't have one though. He claimed "no one needs to call me when I'm not at home." Lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:36 AM
I don't need one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:56 AM
I got my 1st cell phone about 10 years ago. I had it for 2 years.

My step mom used to call me at the most inconvenient times and want to talk. I wasn't comfortable not answering because my dad was having some health problems. Once my dad was back in good health, I kept the phone for 6 more months or so until the contact ended, but I never shook the feeling that my cell phone was convenient for everyone except me.

Then I didn't have a cell for almost 4 years.

Then my DH got a work at home job. Our home phone became his business line. So I got a cell phone. That was 5 years ago and I can't imagine living without it now.

If you're still reading this, the most memorable conversation with my step mom:

Me, juggling 2 bags of groceries and a 3yo with a drippy ice cream cone across a busy parking lot in June: Hello?

SM: Hi. How are you guys doing?

Me, looking at ice cream all over kids shirt, wondering what I did with the napkins: We're all good here, but I can't talk right now. Is everything ok? Can I call you back?

SM: No, it's important. We need to figure out our Christmas plans.

Me, almost to the car, but with ice cream running down my leg: It's June. I don't even know what I'm doing next week yet....
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:00 AM

LOL. Sorry, that is hilarious. I've had those moments. I've learned to just not answer the phone if I'm busy or dont want to talk. It annoys people some times because they seem to think that you need to have your phone on you 24/7 and always be available, or at least respond to them the second you have a chance.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I got my 1st cell phone about 10 years ago. I had it for 2 years. My step mom used to call me at the most inconvenient times and want to talk. I wasn't comfortable not answering because my dad was having some health problems. Once my dad was back in good health, I kept the phone for 6 more months or so until the contact ended, but I never shook the feeling that my cell phone was convenient for everyone except me. Then I didn't have a cell for almost 4 years. Then my DH got a work at home job. Our home phone became his business line. So I got a cell phone. That was 5 years ago and I can't imagine living without it now. If you're still reading this, the most memorable conversation with my step mom: Me, juggling 2 bags of groceries and a 3yo with a drippy ice cream cone across a busy parking lot in June: Hello? SM: Hi. How are you guys doing? Me, looking at ice cream all over kids shirt, wondering what I did with the napkins: We're all good here, but I can't talk right now. Is everything ok? Can I call you back? SM: No, it's important. We need to figure out our Christmas plans. Me, almost to the car, but with ice cream running down my leg: It's June. I don't even know what I'm doing next week yet....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)