Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

facebook question- reporting someone

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies

Before I do it, just want to see if someone had experience with it?

A family member basically wishes I were dead. Blames me for their problems. I have had nothing but hell from them most of the last 15 years. It is my sibling. I am blocking them. I have never added them to my page. I don't want to upset my parents. They are in denial of this person's behavior.

Does facebook do anything? Send them a message that they need to stop communication with me?

Tia

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:40 AM

Good question. Blocking them should be sufficient though.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:42 AM
FB just blocks them without any fanfare.
Baby4us09
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:42 AM
You can go into settings and block them from messaging you, seeing anything you have on FB and you can't see them either.
Barlowgirl125
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:45 AM
Blocking them will keep them from seeing anything you post or contacting you again. And it won't tell them anything if you just block them. You're parents shouldn't see a difference either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:45 AM

If they did something against FB rules and you report them, they might send them a message telling them that they can't do XYZ, but they wont say someone, or give a name of who reported it I dont think. If you just block them, I dont believe they get any notice.

janedoedoh
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:45 AM
Just block them. They will never be able to contact you or see anything you do on fb. And vice versa.
Idk why you would report them? But if they haven't done anything "fb illegal" nothing will happen from reporting them. Even if they said something mean about you fb probably won't take it down.
janedoedoh
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:47 AM
No, no notice if you get blocked. I believe you will get a message if you are reported? But probably only if the post gets taken down or something.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

If they did something against FB rules and you report them, they might send them a message telling them that they can't do XYZ, but they wont say someone, or give a name of who reported it I dont think. If you just block them, I dont believe they get any notice.

bigmouthbabe
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:47 AM
What exactly are you reporting? Block them. Facebooknis mot Dr. Phil. It's not that serious.
kika.fleur
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:48 AM

Blocking them means that you can see their posts and they can't see yours. But you will still be able to see each other's photos if someone else posts them (your parents, for example.) If they comment on the photos you won't be able to see the comments.

FB will not send them a notification, but it's pretty easy to figure out if they are being blocked if you have mutual friends/family.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:51 AM
Nope Facebook won't. I had a fucking stranger who didn't like my post on a local news page and decided to tell me both via private message and under my post that he was going to track me down and rape me. I reported it to Facebook and they did nothing but told me to block him. They didn't remove the post from the news stations Facebook page or anything other than tell me to block him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)