Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My dog is racist...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

Anyone else have a racist little bastard for a dog?

Lol. I call him that but he's my dog and I love him. He's just racist.

We adopted him and from the time we got him from the shelter he's hated black people. He goes insane when he sees one and does his angry bark and growls.

I know people think animals can't be racist but he is. He doesn't do that to anyone else. I rarely even hear his angry bark/growls but he'll do it every time he sees a black person.

I have had dogs that hated men before, so I don't think it's too far off from that. Our other dog was terrified of men when we first got him but he's gotten better.

One time I was walking Racist Dog and a black lady happened to be behind us just walking. He flipped the fuck out and kept stopping to bark/growl at her. He suffers from Little Man Syndrome since he's a small dog so that contributes but I have literally only heard his angry bark and growl to black people.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:33 AM

There is a reason for your dog's behavior and it's pretty common really.  A dog's eyesight isn't great, and it's difficult for dogs to identify facial features on a dark-skinned person, so the dog gets nervous.

zombieskayer
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:34 AM

We had a dog that was like that. But to be fair when we got him they said he had been abused and they found him running on the streets after he managed to get out of the house that was abusing him. So it might be that a black person was the one doing it so he was just weary of people that looked similar. He also hated people drinking. IF he smelled beer he would freak out and try to protect everyone from whoever had the beer. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:35 AM
2 moms liked this
Maybe your dog is Hispanic and it's gang related.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:38 AM
My parents dog is. It might have something g to do with her past.

My son was burned at 15 mo and all his nurses were black. For a while he always tensed or cried around black people. He associated them with pain. He is over it now, but it could be the same for dogs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:38 AM
I agree with this. I adopted a dog from the shelter that had been abused by a younger man, with long hair, wearing a ball cap. Every time my son goes near him, he freaks, although my son has never been anything but kind to him. He's been that way since the first day we got him.

Quoting zombieskayer:

We had a dog that was like that. But to be fair when we got him they said he had been abused and they found him running on the streets after he managed to get out of the house that was abusing him. So it might be that a black person was the one doing it so he was just weary of people that looked similar. He also hated people drinking. IF he smelled beer he would freak out and try to protect everyone from whoever had the beer. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:39 AM

LMAO!

It makes sense though because he actually is part Chihuahua lol.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Maybe your dog is Hispanic and it's gang related.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:40 AM
He needs a button down shirt but button ONLY the top button.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

LMAO!

It makes sense though because he actually is part Chihuahua lol.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Maybe your dog is Hispanic and it's gang related.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:41 AM

We have thought that too. The people who gave him to the shelter said he was a bad dog. Said he bit people and pooped/peed in the house. We have had him for 2 years and he's never bit anyone and only peed once in the house. I think maybe they just didn't know how to handle him/maybe they were black so that's why he hates black people.

Quoting zombieskayer:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)