Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For you guys that go to Starbucks a question

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:32 AM
  • 52 Replies
Have you had any trouble with other customers because you use mobile order?

My DH and I have had several run ins with customers who didn't use mobile order and then get pissy when we walk in and grab our drinks and go. For me I've only had glares and people popping off about me cutting in line but DH's was a bit scarier. He said the guy already looked irritated that he was waiting so when DH walked up to the counter and got his drink and walked out the man really got irate. The man's drink was ready just after DH's so they walked out about the same time and he was still yelling and screaming about how ridiculous it was and then he started kicking his own truck! DH didn't stick around to see what else it was going to do.

So have you had any problems? I know Starbucks heavily advertised mobile order but DH and I have joked about getting poster board, making our own sign and taping it to the door of Starbucks so the ones that don't know about it will stop with the hatred towards the ones that do ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:33 AM
I don't use mobile order, bump
theboyfactory
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:34 AM
I only go through the drive thru.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I make my own drinks at home, so no help here.
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:36 AM
Won't help you much but you can still do mobile order and go through the drive through

Off topic but did you see they've rebranded the Chrysler Pacifica? It's now truly a van :-/

Quoting theboyfactory: I only go through the drive thru.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmmasMom0305
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:37 AM
People are nuts, I've been flying off the handle a lot lately (from stress, meds or hormones don't know which yet) and even I wouldn't get mad about a coffee order!

I want to use the mobile order, but both locations I go to don't offer it.
MommyOfOne2710
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:37 AM
I wish Caribou did that, that's kind of cool!

It reminds me of Chipotle's online ordering. People get really mad sometimes when I walk right up to the register, get my food, and leave. There's a big sign right in the restaurant advertising their online ordering, people.
zombieskayer
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:37 AM

I didn't know they had mobile order to be honest. But I don't watch alot of cable so I guess if they had a commercial for it I wouldn't have even seen it. We had that problem when I worked at sheetz. You could order your food online and then come pick it up. So we our stuff in what ever order popped up on the screen and people would get mad. But If that online order was place right before you came in and placed your order of course it would be done before you.. People would get so violent over it. It's like jeeze grow up its not a big deal. 

theboyfactory
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:38 AM
Really? That's weird.

Quoting Roxygurl: Won't help you much but you can still do mobile order and go through the drive through

Off topic but did you see they've rebranded the Chrysler Pacifica? It's now truly a van :-/

Quoting theboyfactory: I only go through the drive thru.
Mama2ETA
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:40 AM
I don't use mobile order and only go in when I'm in a hurry. The line always takes way longer. I wouldn't get upset with anyone using mobile order. That's their choice. That's like getting mad at chipotle for people that order online.
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:40 AM
Thank goodness the one by my house offers it, heck all of them in my area do. It's a life saver in the morning when I'm running late but want coffee. I like being able to just run in and grab it and be on my way.

Quoting EmmasMom0305: People are nuts, I've been flying off the handle a lot lately (from stress, meds or hormones don't know which yet) and even I wouldn't get mad about a coffee order!

I want to use the mobile order, but both locations I go to don't offer it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)