Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't all infant car seats have that?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I just got an email from a company trying to sell me that car seat. They tout all the safety features but also take an entire paragraph to tell me about this new taxi feature. A feature that allows you to use the car seat in a vehicle without the base.

Umm I believe all infant car seats, at least here in the us, have the 'taxi feature'

Here's the paragraph that accompanied the picture

The City Go infant car seat provides a safe spot for baby to join in on your adventures from day one! It securely attaches to your favorite Baby Jogger stroller to create a travel system and can quickly go from city street to taxi, without a car seat base, thanks to the taxi-safe belt path. Protects infants rear-facing from 4 to 35 lb and up to 32". Car seat adapters and extra bases sold separately.

The taxi-safe belt path allows quick, easy, and safe installation without a base in taxis or rental cars. This European style install allows you to thread a vehicle seat belt around your car seat, for a secure install without the base.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Am I mistaken about the feature being standard on all infant car seats? I don't believe I've seen one without it so I'm puzzled as to why this company had to talk about it like it was some new invention.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:47 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:49 AM
I think so. We used it with out a base in my husband's car bc with the base it made it too big to fit. He had a little 2 door at the time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:51 AM
Most do some don't. Sounds like theirs didn't use to and now it does.
dizzy91
by Kelly on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:52 AM
The only ones I ever see without that feature are not true infant seats, but are convertibles instead. It's always been a standard feature as long as I've looked at infant seats.
Hanab818
by ThePonds on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:54 AM

Mine did and I havent had one in 3 years. Maybe they have a safer version then the previous ones?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:54 AM
Iv used rear facing car seats with out the base.
blue-heart
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:55 AM
Every carrier I have seen and used has that. Even when my 12 year old was a newborn, his carrier had it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:55 AM
Every infant car seat I've ever seen can be placed into other cars with no base...the only ones that don't are convertible ones.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:58 AM

All the infant seats I've seen have that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:58 AM
That's the assumption I've had. I may just stop at buy buy baby and look for the hell of it and see if I can find one that doesn't have those belt path thingies

Quoting dizzy91: The only ones I ever see without that feature are not true infant seats, but are convertibles instead. It's always been a standard feature as long as I've looked at infant seats.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)