Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone cooked ribs in a crock pot like this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
Wrapped in foil and nothing else in the crock pot?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:47 AM
Bumble
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:48 AM
No
WickedPissah
by Penis colada on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:48 AM
I put the rub on mine the night before, and take off the fat film thingy off the bottom. I put it in the slow cooker meat side against the sides of the slow cooker, and cook on low. Than grill them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:49 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:50 AM
Darn can't do it in advance gotta cook tonight and no grill 😔

Quoting WickedPissah: I put the rub on mine the night before, and take off the fat film thingy off the bottom. I put it in the slow cooker meat side against the sides of the slow cooker, and cook on low. Than grill them.
Allie_kat1
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:50 AM
I just rub them down with a dry rub, and put them in there in the morning jus sithing in there. Leave them on high for the first hour or so, then turn it down to low and let them slow cook all day. They are yummy, and literally fall off the bone. Not as good as smoking them, but a good second choice when it's too cold out to get the smoker going!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:51 AM
Do u have any sauce in there on them or just rub?

Quoting Allie_kat1: I just rub them down with a dry rub, and put them in there in the morning jus sithing in there. Leave them on high for the first hour or so, then turn it down to low and let them slow cook all day. They are yummy, and literally fall off the bone. Not as good as smoking them, but a good second choice when it's too cold out to get the smoker going!
WickedPissah
by Penis colada on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:51 AM
Throw them in now then broil them.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Darn can't do it in advance gotta cook tonight and no grill 😔

Quoting WickedPissah: I put the rub on mine the night before, and take off the fat film thingy off the bottom. I put it in the slow cooker meat side against the sides of the slow cooker, and cook on low. Than grill them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:53 AM

Nope, I marinate them or either put a little bit of bbq sauce and onions on the bottom of the crock pot. 

Allie_kat1
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:54 AM
Yup.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Do u have any sauce in there on them or just rub?

Quoting Allie_kat1: I just rub them down with a dry rub, and put them in there in the morning jus sithing in there. Leave them on high for the first hour or so, then turn it down to low and let them slow cook all day. They are yummy, and literally fall off the bone. Not as good as smoking them, but a good second choice when it's too cold out to get the smoker going!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)