Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATE There is a 7 ft python loose in my house

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 227 Replies
4 moms liked this

I am freaking out! It is my son's snake. It somehow broke through the locks on the cage. 

I dont mind the snake when he is in the cage and I do hold him sometimes but the idea of walking around the corner and finding him there is freaking me out. 

DS stayed home from school and we are going room to room looking for him. So far we havent found anything. 

Idk how I am going to sleep tonight if we dont find him. Ugh. Poor DS is a wreck and he feels so bad enough though he had no way to know he could have broken through the locks (we have had him 5 years now and he has never done that) 

What a shitty way to start the week 

UPDATE: We found him. DS brought his enclosure into the middle of the kitchen. We turned down the heaters and an hour later he was back where he belongs

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:50 AM
5 moms liked this

That was DD's first response lol 

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Set your house on fire...it's time for a new start.

tinkerspell
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:51 AM
Good luck finding your slithery friend
janedoedoh
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:51 AM
Wow! It must have a really good hiding spot to be that big and missing!
yksmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:51 AM
6 moms liked this
How old is your son?

I'd search for a couple of hours before I decided to move. Moving is a hassle, but you've got to do what you've got to do.

Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:52 AM
22 moms liked this
This is why seven foot pythons are not good pets lol. If you can say "Oh crap! It got out! I'm so scared!" then you got the wrong pet hahaha
yorkiemum
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:52 AM
Lol reminds me of a call I got from my brother in the middle of the night.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:52 AM

They can curl out really small, much smaller than you would expect. He could be anywhere. 

Quoting janedoedoh: Wow! It must have a really good hiding spot to be that big and missing!

5BHaileyMom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this
You need to call your city or county's pest control unit or animal control... or even the police. In case it got out of the house. They will help you. If they don't, I have a guest house you guys can bunk in :-)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:54 AM

Well he isnt my pet. I am not scared of him at all but i dont like the idea of a snake crawling all over everything. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: This is why seven foot pythons are not good pets lol. If you can say "Oh crap! It got out! I'm so scared!" then you got the wrong pet hahaha

janedoedoh
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:54 AM
7 moms liked this
Crazy! I hope you find him soon.
Snakes don't really bother me. Now if that was a tarantula missing in the house I would burn it down for sure.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

They can curl out really small, much smaller than you would expect. He could be anywhere. 

Quoting janedoedoh: Wow! It must have a really good hiding spot to be that big and missing!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)