Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies

If you have a vaginal delivery wtih no medications, I'm wondering- how long did you push? 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2016 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadow_lark
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 12:19 PM
I had fentanyl( I think) with my last two, otherwise unmedicated. #2 was less than ten minutes of pushing, #3 was out in less than five.
redneckmama4
by Loree on Apr. 11, 2016 at 12:20 PM
First one I pushed over 4 hours. I was close to a c section, she was posterior and cord around her neck.

Second was 3 pushes, doc caught her lol.
leeshuh
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 12:21 PM

I pushed for less than a few minutes with both kids.

#1 I had an epidural but something went wrong because I felt everything-every contraction and tear.  When they stitched me up they thought I wouldn't need any kind of numbing but I could feel it. I pushed him out in probably 5 pushes.

#2 I had no medication of any kind and thankfully didn't tear. It took three pushes and he was here.

Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 12:21 PM
First 30 mins. She was sunny side up. My third three pushes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 12:21 PM
2 moms liked this
I honestly have no idea. Part of the whole natural idea was to let things happen without strict time limits. And I never really pushed. I had contractions and eventually the baby ejected out of me lol. If I had to guess, I'd say maybe 20 minutes from the very first "oh, that feels different" contraction to baby in my arms.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 12:23 PM
2 hours with odd
1 1/2 hours with ds
40 minutes with ydd
PeanutsGma
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 12:23 PM

I had three deliveries with no meds, first one labor began at noon, went to hospital around 2:30, I was taken into delivery room at 4 PM, I think I pushed 3 times, he was born at 4:11

Second one, labor began around 2 PM, went to hospital at around 4, taken into delivery at 6:45 PM  I remember pushing 2 or three times, he was born at 7 PM

Third one, water broke at 1 AM, went to hospital around 2:30 -  taken into delivery at 6:30 AM he was born at 7 AM - he was a footling breech I had to help him more than the others and the nurses were pushing on my abdomen also, because the baby wasn't helping at all, but it was quick and surprisingly easy and he weighed 13 pounds.

Arwyn724
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 12:25 PM

My first I pushed FOREVER and she was eventually pulled out with forceps.  My second was three and out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 12:51 PM

#1 I pushed for just a few minutes. She was 7.5 lbs. #2 was a bit over an hour, he was 11 lbs.

Episkey
by Dra til helvete on Apr. 11, 2016 at 12:54 PM
I wasn't really watching the clock, but I would guess I pushed for about 15 minutes with nothing happening, then in one big push I pushed his head, shoulders, torso, legs and feet out. He literally shot out of me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)