Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I was ready to quit

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 12:21 PM
  • 22 Replies
I am really not motivated with this whole running thing. I'm 2 weeks away from my 5K goal, but it's really a struggle to get out every other day and run. I'm doing it to stay healthy during my pregnancy, but also lose my extra fat. In the first month I lost 2 inches off my hips and tummy, but gained 4 lbs in muscle weight. Now that I'm getting further along (11 weeks yesterday) I'm not able to measure my hips and tummy now due to it starting I grow a little.

So, I weighed myself. I am down to 158! That's 1 pound from my starting weight! Lol! Yay! So, now I'm motivated again. Today is running day. 22 minutes, or about 2 miles.

It's the little things that get my motivation going again.

**Ran my 22 minute run. Not great at 11:30 min mile, but whatever. I did it and only almost threw up. Lol**
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:09 PM
I exercised up until the day I deliver but focused on walking, swimming and stationary bicycle for cardio. I also lifted weights and did standing CORE exercises. I also reduced my carb intake to 150 grams of carbs at most and mainly fruit and veggies. I didn't gain a single pound during my pregnancy. Went to 39 weeks and 3 days and she was 7 lbs 4 oz. and 20.5 inches.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:11 PM
You need a fucking diary.
bookwormx4
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:12 PM
Yay :-)
notuseless
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:14 PM
Wow im so happy for you. I walked and worked 2 jobs until 5 days before i had an emergency c section. I went from 140 to 175 with my pregnancy i was so upset and my baby girl was 10 pounds and 22 inches.i am now down to 130 after a year and 9 months.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this
A fucking diary? But she's not fucking, just running. She needs a running diary.

Quoting Anonymous 1: You need a fucking diary.
SapphireMom911
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:17 PM
Wow. That is awesome.
Morning sickness has been so bad with me this pregnancy had I don't have motivation to walk to th mailbox. Granted my mailbox is close to 1/2 mile from my house.
Episkey
by Dra til helvete on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:18 PM
So could a lot of people. Maybe you should start looking at screen names before opening posts

kcangel63
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 5:46 PM
I've been eating healthier too, which helps. Not always. We have our hot dog nights and such, but lots of whole foods. Very little processed anymore.

I'm really trying to stay active. The last few I wasn't and I think that hurt me with my labor. This time I'm working on my physical and mental state.

Quoting MixedCooke: I exercised up until the day I deliver but focused on walking, swimming and stationary bicycle for cardio. I also lifted weights and did standing CORE exercises. I also reduced my carb intake to 150 grams of carbs at most and mainly fruit and veggies. I didn't gain a single pound during my pregnancy. Went to 39 weeks and 3 days and she was 7 lbs 4 oz. and 20.5 inches.
kcangel63
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 5:47 PM
I have one. It's here. Why are you reading it?
:D

kcangel63
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 5:48 PM
I just now got over it. I hope. It was pretty crappy.

Quoting SapphireMom911: Wow. That is awesome.
Morning sickness has been so bad with me this pregnancy had I don't have motivation to walk to th mailbox. Granted my mailbox is close to 1/2 mile from my house.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)