Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need to f****** vent. Also, I'd like to be a park ranger.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

I'm so burnt out from my current job.  I work at a health clinic contracted through Social Security and all day we deal with idiots, both in the office and out.  I'm a supervisor in the scheduling department.  This place makes me want to stab my eyeballs out with pencils while drinking a bottle of Jack D. without stopping.  The only thing keeping me here is the pay (16 an hour) plus the fact that I'm in college full time online working on my bachelors and I don't want to relearn a new job while also concentrating on school.  Plus I need this job to support DD and I.

It just dawned on me that I want to become a park ranger or something along those lines.  Working indoors in a cublice isn't for me.  The only problem is I don't know how to get into that field.  I'm in Upstate NY and the only work around here is seasonal.  I wouldn't mind doing that and doing something else in the winter and I DEFINITELY wouldn't mind moving out to state where there is year round work.

If it makes any difference my degree (Associates) is in Individual Studies which is just a general science degree and my bachelors is going to be in human services.

I can't take working in a fucking cubicle with a bunch of ass backwards idiots completely unorganized for much longer.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:49 PM
Well ok. Pretty much everyone suffers from work burnout at some point. Change your situation or work through it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:51 PM

I am working through it while wanting to throw myself out of this fucking glass window and out of the office.  I'm not speaking in a literal sense lol.  But the only thing keeping me here is the pay, I'm a single mom and I live on my own with DD so I need the highest pay I can get.

Quoting mojogirl: Well ok. Pretty much everyone suffers from work burnout at some point. Change your situation or work through it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this
PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Park Rangers have a special skill set.  I googled 'how to become a park ranger' and found this for you.  Forrestry major might be something to look into.

http://www.parkrangeredu.org/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I work in a dr office, so I know how it is working with idiots and dealing with even more idiots.
The catty BS that goes on is ridiculous! Thankfully I'm usually in an exam room seeing patients, but when I'm working on my charts it's enough to make me scream!
Good luck finding a better job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sammichmaker
by soup sandwich on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this

My MIL was one for a period of time, but she got offered a different job in quality assurance. But I think she had focused on organic chemistry, or something along those lines, with her degrees.

ResidentRedhead
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:58 PM
We have a "parks and recreation" degree at the school I recover my Bachelors from. There's also "emergency management" which is along the same lines. You'll probably need to move where there's a lot of outdoor life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:59 PM

I get it.  I briefly worked for the Dept. of Revenue and couldn't believe the stupidity that ran rampant.  Not so much with the employess (although there were some stupid ones).  It was dealing with the public.  After I quit that job (had to because DH got a job transfer) I understood why some government employees can be so rude.  Not that it's justified, but when you deal with such utter stupidity day in and day out it can wear on you.  I did find myself growing impatient with the public and was so glad my DH told me I had to quit because we were moving too far to commute.  

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I am working through it while wanting to throw myself out of this fucking glass window and out of the office.  I'm not speaking in a literal sense lol.  But the only thing keeping me here is the pay, I'm a single mom and I live on my own with DD so I need the highest pay I can get.

Quoting mojogirl: Well ok. Pretty much everyone suffers from work burnout at some point. Change your situation or work through it.

momofcatandmone
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:04 PM
You could possibly work for them without having to further your education first. You can look for jobs on www.usajobs.gov they have those jobs posted all the time. You can search by agency since you're willing to move. Start applying and see what you get. All government agencies have slow hiring processes, consider yourself warned. Also, the application on here is long as fuck. But, the pay and benefits once you're in are usually well worth it. Hope this helps.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)