Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tomorrow should be amazing.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

yeah no....not really....i have been wanting to go to the gym for a while now but i always psych myself out....i finally signed up and i know i CAN lose weight and i really want to but i dread leaving my house.....i'm still gonna go tomorrow but i'll probably have a panic attack first, and try to psych myself out of going.....it'll probably take me a half an hour to even get out the door.....and then i'll be anxious the whole time im at the damn gym.....

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:51 PM
lol! Good luck

I have a hard time going back after missing only a week.
momofcatandmone
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:52 PM
You can do it!! I hate going to a new gym. Do you have a plan of what you want to do when you go? That always helps me focus on not talking myself out of going. I lost 50 lbs in about 3 months working out hard and eating strict last year and have maintained it. I've been slacking on working out because my membership is on hold. I need to do something!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:53 PM

i dont see how its funny.....ive had it pounded into my head since  i was 5 that if im overweight people wont give a shit and make rude comments.....and when i say pounded i literally mean it....my dad beat me if a went over 120 pounds....

Quoting Anonymous 2: lol! Good luck I have a hard time going back after missing only a week.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:54 PM

tuesdays im going to do lower half, thursdays im going to do upper half and the saturdays im doing everything. sundays we go on hikes.

Quoting momofcatandmone: You can do it!! I hate going to a new gym. Do you have a plan of what you want to do when you go? That always helps me focus on not talking myself out of going. I lost 50 lbs in about 3 months working out hard and eating strict last year and have maintained it. I've been slacking on working out because my membership is on hold. I need to do something!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:56 PM
I don't think Anon2 was trying to be mean.... Have you sought out any counseling to help deal with the history and anxiety you have?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

i dont see how its funny.....ive had it pounded into my head since  i was 5 that if im overweight people wont give a shit and make rude comments.....and when i say pounded i literally mean it....my dad beat me if a went over 120 pounds....

Quoting Anonymous 2: lol! Good luck

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:57 PM

yep, ive gone to 5 different therapists, all told me i was making it up.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I don't think Anon2 was trying to be mean.... Have you sought out any counseling to help deal with the history and anxiety you have?
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 2: lol! Good luck I have a hard time going back after missing only a week.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:57 PM
Good luck! I've found that people at the gym act like adults and don't make fun of people if they're overweight. You can do it!!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:58 PM
Omg.... Overreact much to an anonymous internet comment.

I was trying to agree with you . As I said I feel the same way about the gym.

Never-fucking-mind

Quoting Anonymous 1:

momofcatandmone
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:58 PM
Nice. You'll be great! Just go! πŸ’ͺ🏼πŸ’ͺ🏼πŸ’ͺ🏼
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:01 PM
Keep trying.

Public gyms are not for everyone. Have you considered an online workout or maybe a personal trainer? Why do you feel the need to force yourself into a situation you're not comfortable with when there are other options?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

yep, ive gone to 5 different therapists, all told me i was making it up.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I don't think Anon2 was trying to be mean.... Have you sought out any counseling to help deal with the history and anxiety you have?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)