Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Worst Roommates Ever!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

I rent out the upstairs and the basement in my house. Before anyone says anything about how they wouldn't do that, ok that's great for you but this is what works for me and my kids don't live here. Anyways, the guy that lives upstairs at first was great. Paid his rent and his part of the bills on time with no problems. For the last month he hasn't been wanting to pay. I literally have to bug him for the money. Plus, he doesn't want to clean up after himself. Very annoying. When he moved in I told him that since everyone uses the bathroom, kitchen, and everyone walks on the floors then that means everyone needs to pitch in and help clean. He has never once helped clean this house and he has been here since December. 

Two girls rent the basement. They are best friends. They fight with each other like they are married. They live together and work together so they are together literally 24/7. I have had to tell them to stop screaming and yelling at each other or they can find another place to live. They also have an excuse for not having the rent or bill money but they both work. And they don't help clean either. 

These people will literally continue to stuff trash into an already overflowing trashcan. I have left things undone just to see if someone else was going to do it. Nope. I am the only one that cleans. And I'm sorry but rent doesn't cover a housekeeper especially when they don't even want to pay it on time. 

I am seriously about to lose it with these people. I wish I could just set their stuff outside and change the locks on the doors. Lol   I gave them all a 30 day notice this morning. Well, I hung it up on their doors since they are all at work right now. I know they are all going to be pissed but o well. I already know other people that would love to rent these rooms and would pay rent and bills on time. 

And before anyone asks yes I pay bills too. I don't depend on their rent either. I work also. I rent these rooms out because it is an extra income for me. I have a big house that I don't want to get rid of but it's too big for just one person. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:17 PM
Then sell the house and buy a smaller cheeper one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:22 PM
Where do your kids live?
Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Probably by themselves or with their families. Not everyone on  here has small children

Quoting Anonymous 3: Where do your kids live?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:27 PM
you know she was just waiting to make a bitchy comment lol

Quoting Talkingheads:

Probably by themselves or with their families. Not everyone on  here has small children

Quoting Anonymous 3: Where do your kids live?

AllofFive19
by Emerald Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:28 PM
2 moms liked this
If you rent again, charge a housekeeping fee if they don't clean.
VickyJoJo
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:33 PM

Or find out what a maid service would cost on a 1x-2x week basis and increase the rent by that much.  Why should you clean up their mess?  Hire someone.

Personnally though, I like my space.  I would downsize rather than rent rooms/floors.

Quoting AllofFive19: If you rent again, charge a housekeeping fee if they don't clean.

PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:33 PM

I'd raise the rent for the new tenants to cover a cleaning service.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:47 PM
Good for you for giving them a notice. Too many people would rather just whine about how unfair it is.
jabs54
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:54 PM

Can you be more specific in your contract next time?  On certain days a person has to perform a job?  Because just saying you have to keep stuff clean is kind of broad and subject to interpretation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:54 PM
What dumbasses.

Make sure you check the tenants right laws. They may me able to drag this out. Here, you have to serve notice on or before the first if rents due on the first, etc.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)