Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

great....just another thing for her to b**** about...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

im going to fully admit that my step daughters mother isnt the greatest mother. i never say these things around her or my kids. i always express my concerns to dh when the kids are at school. well my sd has started calling her mom by her name and calling me mom....i honestly had a panic attack when she started doing this and asked why she started calling her mom by her name. she says that her mom ignores her, is rarely around, and shes at daycare as early as she can and as late as she can be even though her mom doesnt go to work until 8 am and comes out at 4 pm. i then asked why she calls me mom, and she said because i go to her school for every assembly and trip, i always pick her up and take her to the doctor when shes sick....

idk what to do honestly....she has figured out where she falls on her moms list......when her mom realizes what shes doing its only going to cause trouble for us and hurt sd.......should i leave it or try explaining that her mom will always be her mom and all that jazz?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:48 PM
That is one long sentence...... Whew!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:53 PM
Let her call you mom. If you correct her she might feel rejected by you as well. Her mom might get a clue and shape up.

Let it go and don't make a big deal about it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:58 PM
Lwt her call you mom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:58 PM

need glasses hun?

Quoting Anonymous 2: That is one long sentence...... Whew!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:59 PM
How old is she?

Depending on age, I'd maybe explain mom is mom, but let's make up a super special name for me and you, like code names or something.
Hanab818
by ThePonds on Apr. 11, 2016 at 3:00 PM
This.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Let her call you mom. If you correct her she might feel rejected by you as well. Her mom might get a clue and shape up.

Let it go and don't make a big deal about it
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 3:01 PM

I'd let it be and let sdd call you whatever she feels comfortable with. If her mom doesn't like her calling her by her name, she will correct it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 3:01 PM

shes 6 in 2 weeks

Quoting Anonymous 5: How old is she? Depending on age, I'd maybe explain mom is mom, but let's make up a super special name for me and you, like code names or something.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 3:06 PM

it just seems wrong kwim?

Quoting Seagodess:

I'd let it be and let sdd call you whatever she feels comfortable with. If her mom doesn't like her calling her by her name, she will correct it.

mommy2boys03
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I would let her call you mom and let your dh deal with his ex if it comes to that.  It sounds like your sd has an idea of what being a mom  means to her and you fit that discription.  You didn't encourage this, your sd came up with it on her own.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)