Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you do this with a toddler?

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 3:54 PM
  • 14 Replies
Community service? I really want to give back to the community, but I don't have free time to myself, so I'd have to bring my 2 year old with me. Do you ladies have any ideas of a community service activity I can do with a little one :) ? Any advice and tips are appreciated! Have a great day beautiful mamas !
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 3:55 PM

Visit some people at a nursing home. 

LilyRuiz213
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:10 PM
That's such a good idea and it's so simple. Thank you !

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:12 PM

Can you knit or crochet?  You can do that at home and then donate the items to be used by the homeless.  Look in your area for a group that provides care packages to those in need.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes! Meals on wheels. You may consider it a pain getting your child in and out of the car every time you deliver a meal, but I guarantee the people you deliver a meal to will be so delighted to see a child.
Spam72
by Emerald Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:14 PM
Make treats for the habitat for humanity build sites. You just drop them off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:18 PM
Playing with puppies or kittens at a no kill shelter.
lenashark
by Emerald Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:20 PM

Yes. It depends on what it is. There are things that I bring my kids to and things that I don't, either because they would be a hinder and distraction when we are trying to get something done or because its just not appropriate. When I volunteer at a womens shelter, I don't bring my kids. When I volunteer at the local food pantry I have stopped bringing my kids because some of the families who go there have kids in my sons class and it is embaressing for them to see him there, they worry he would tell the class even though he wouldn't, but I bring them when we go to volunteer at one a few towns over. I bring them with me to volunteer at nursing homes, animal shelters, historic sites (depending on the project), and to do clean up projects.

LilyRuiz213
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:25 PM
I wish i knew how to knit or crochet. Ive always been secretly jealous of women who know how to. But that is an amazing idea :)

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Can you knit or crochet?  You can do that at home and then donate the items to be used by the homeless.  Look in your area for a group that provides care packages to those in need.  

mamasunshine200
by Kasey on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:25 PM
That was my first thought! Your older nursing home residents would be delighted to see your little one and have some company!

Quoting Anonymous 1:

LilyRuiz213
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:26 PM
Meals on wheels is a great idea but I don't have my own car. I live in nyc, public transportation is my life lol

Quoting Anonymous 3: Yes! Meals on wheels. You may consider it a pain getting your child in and out of the car every time you deliver a meal, but I guarantee the people you deliver a meal to will be so delighted to see a child.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)