Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

17 months too young?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies
For a toddler bed?

I'm moving beds around and don't want to reassemble the crib. Can I just pop her in the toddler bed?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:11 PM

Yes, it way to young imo.  I didn't move any of mine until they were closer to 3. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:13 PM
As long as she's in a safe place, why not?

I prefer mine behind bars for as long as possible but there is no magic age.
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this

My oldest was still in a crib at that point, but we had just adopted her from China and we were trying not to overwhelm her with too many changes at one time. She was in a toddler bed by the time she was 2.5 and by 3, she was in a big bed as her baby sister needed the crib ( toddler bed converted from the crib). My youngest was out of a crib by the time she was 15 months old as she was climbing out of it and jumping. Once we converted her to a toddler bed, she stopped climbing out of it. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

1boy1girlmama
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:14 PM
Depends on the kid. My son was 2.5 but my daughter was 21 months and even though it was a little early it was fine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:14 PM
I usually move them right about 2 and it's never been an issue. But we've outgrown this house drastically. The toddler bed takes up less room, and with my health getting so bad idk if I can keep moving it around. We're moving in a month or two.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Yes, it way to young imo.  I didn't move any of mine until they were closer to 3. 

StoicLife
by Katerina on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:15 PM
Too young
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:16 PM

I think it depends on the kid. I think it most cases its fine. That is about when we moved DS into his.

SuperPickle
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:16 PM

My youngest went to a regular twin bed at 13 months because he kept crawling out of the crib. We never bothered with toddler beds. We did not have any trouble. The other 2 were out  before 2.

myempyreofdirt
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:17 PM
That's totally up to you. Ds was 2.5, but he rolls a lot and I wasn't sure I could trust him to come straight to me when he woke up. If you feel it's safe then go for it.
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:17 PM

How does it take up less room?  They are the same size length wise, hence why they both take a crib mattress.  As I said it was simply my opinion.  I wouldn't do it until they were almost 3.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I usually move them right about 2 and it's never been an issue. But we've outgrown this house drastically. The toddler bed takes up less room, and with my health getting so bad idk if I can keep moving it around. We're moving in a month or two.
Quoting fullxbusymom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)