Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Apartment living at it's worst

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

Today I'm trying to do laundry, we have a large comlex with limited washer/dryers. Basically each building gets 4 washers and 4 dryers. 2 of our washers are broken and 2 of our dryers are broken. Well I waited patiently for my turn and when I got to start washing. both dryers were going. I only used one washer so I only needed 1 dryer. Well whoever had both dryers going didn't bother to come get their shit after it was done. I waited an hour after they had stopped and nobody came for the clothes. So I took them out and put them on the table nearby so I could dry my one load of effin clothes. Now this lady is all bent out of shape because I touched her clothes and she wants to call the police. I told her to go ahead, I'm in unit F115. I also told her if she would've came and gotten her clothes in a timely manner, this wouldn't be an issue but she chooses to be lazy. Everyone has complained about her and how she does this every single week.  Once she left her clothes in the dryer for a full 24 hours and said it was because she got drunk and passed out. 

So I'm waiting... for the "police to come". That's going to be hilarious! 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:23 PM

Sorry you're in a crappy complex.  They're not all like this thankfully.  I've never had anything close to this happen and I've lived in various apartments for over 15 years.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:34 PM

What are the laundry room rules? When we lived in an apt complex we had rules. Clothes had to be taken out in such amount of time. Silly thing to be calling the police on and sorry you're having to waste time dealing with this.

Mama8080
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:37 PM
When I lived in apartments I would ONLY live in places with in unit laundry and parking. Those were my two must haves!!!
ACrystalLilly
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:43 PM

I am sending you angels to help you deal with the apartment living issues that come up in your building.  May the angels help give you peace of mind in this uneasy laundry situation.  Apartments are hard to live in when appliances are broken and not working.  

I hope tomorrow is better for you - 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)