Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you take public transportation? Do you know how?

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:26 PM
  • 244 Replies
7 moms liked this
DH and I had never taken a bus until this past weekend. We wanted to go to an Orioles game, and we knew we would drink and probably pre-game and go to dinner after. We have a metro within a five minute walk from my house, so we took the metro, then had to take a few busses.

Man, was it a fun disaster! We didn't know where to get on, where to get off, how much to pay. How to pay. And we stayed on one bus too long, and had to get off and take a bus back the opposite way and start over. It was hilarious and people were laughing at us.

All of that for a game that was rain postponed. Haha
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:27 PM

It does not exist where I live and no I do not know how. 

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:28 PM
I used to take the bus when I was a kid up north & my cousins & I even used to take the trains sometimes but I would probably be lost now. Lol
PeppermintyTea
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:28 PM
Sometimes, yes. It's pretty straight forward here on the island - you go north, or you go south there really isn't much to be confused by. I'm sure if I went into the city I'd be more confused. Our transit is free here too which is nice.
thatgirlyouknow
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:29 PM
No and yes. There's not any public transportation here except for a van that takes people places around town for $1.
Mama8080
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:29 PM
I take the subway sometimes. Usually I uber though since I'm not broke and the T is gross. I refuse to take busses. Haven't taken once since I was 16.
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes when we are on vacation.
jjames1990
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:30 PM
All of my friends when I was growing up took buses. My parents wouldn't allow me to. That was a disservice to me. I was a total idiot the other day. Lol

Quoting bluebunnybabe: I used to take the bus when I was a kid up north & my cousins & I even used to take the trains sometimes but I would probably be lost now. Lol
AJsMom81507
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:30 PM

when i lived in the city i knew how to take the subway, i knew the express busses, but not the local busses.

now that i am on the island, the LIRR is foreign to me, and i would rather drive or Uber it to the city

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:30 PM
No....never again if I can avoid it
Yes I do but hate it, lol
ThatDancerGirl
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:30 PM
I use it most days.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)