Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Its RECALLED!!

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:35 PM
  • 29 Replies
My friend and her husband leased an Acura and will be giving it back when the lease is up in July.

She pays 380 a month for it.

She got a recall for it over the airbags that explode during an accident and can send shards of metal at the driver killing them.

So it's not a repair that can wait. The problem is there are a ton of recalls so they simply don't have the part for her car and won't till June.

They offered her a rental but couldn't promise it would be an Acura and she feels since she's paying for it she doesn't want to drive a really small compact car from now till June while still being responsible for the Acura lease payments.....and I can't really blame her.

She wants out of the lease all together but they won't do that. The only option they have given her is to either buy or sign a new lease for a new Acura. She wants a Jeep Wrangler for her next car so that's not an option

She's talked to the dealership, Acura financial, and Acura headquarters and gotten no where.

She is driving a small compact car right now, a Ford Focus, and was told it was 30 bucks a day, so it would be cheaper on Acura to let her out of her lease early rather than pay for a rental from now till June.

So short of contacting a lawyer any advice? Does it sound like she's being unreasonable?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:37 PM
If my Toyota I am making payments on is in the shop for warranty work, I would not expect the same vehicle. Yes, she is being unreasonable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:38 PM
Totally reasonable. I'd be pissed if I were in her shoes. No idea what to do about it though other than contacting a lawyer
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:38 PM
So you would be ok continuing to pay for your Toyota yet having to drive a Ford Focus for 6-8 weeks?

Quoting Anonymous 1: If my Toyota I am making payments on is in the shop for warranty work, I would not expect the same vehicle. Yes, she is being unreasonable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:39 PM
Just take the damn rental & stay alive.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:40 PM
Who is paying for the rental? Her or the dealership?

Quoting Roxygurl: So you would be ok continuing to pay for your Toyota yet having to drive a Ford Focus for 6-8 weeks?
Quoting Anonymous 1: If my Toyota I am making payments on is in the shop for warranty work, I would not expect the same vehicle. Yes, she is being unreasonable.
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:40 PM
Please re read the post.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Just take the damn rental & stay alive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:40 PM
Lol right?
First world problems

Quoting Anonymous 3: Just take the damn rental & stay alive.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:41 PM
Has she asked them about a buyout on the lease? It's a crappy situation but I'm thinking they only have to provide her with a loaner, not the specific vehicle she has.
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:41 PM
Either the dealership or Acura, I'm not sure.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Who is paying for the rental? Her or the dealership?

Quoting Roxygurl: So you would be ok continuing to pay for your Toyota yet having to drive a Ford Focus for 6-8 weeks?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:41 PM
I don't think she has, I'll ask her about that.

Quoting bluebunnybabe: Has she asked them about a buyout on the lease? It's a crappy situation but I'm thinking they only have to provide her with a loaner, not the specific vehicle she has.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)