Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

An invitation to attend a seminar which offers a complimentary meal at a decent restaurant ...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
Would you go regardless of what the seminar is about? I got one in the mail and it is the funeral home that is hosting the seminar at a decent restaurant. I never saw anything like this before and I was wondering who would go. You get a free meal while you listen to them talk about buying a plot or a headstone... The last supper lol
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:51 PM
One of local funeral homes does one with dinner.

I would not go.
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:51 PM
Nope
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this
If I want to go out to eat, I'll go out to eat. I don't need to sit through some spiel.
QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:52 PM
Lol. I wouldn go. But that's because I work in a restaurant that hosts these kind of things. The level of service we are "ordered" to give is subpar. Plus they last forever and are boring.
madamlunna213
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:52 PM
The "Free Meal" will probably turn out to be a small salad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:53 PM
Right??? Or a buffet style type.

Quoting madamlunna213: The "Free Meal" will probably turn out to be a small salad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:53 PM

This

Quoting Danesmommy1: If I want to go out to eat, I'll go out to eat. I don't need to sit through some spiel.

K3412
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:54 PM

I wouldn't go. If I want to eat at a decent restaurant, I will go and pay for it myself. Those things are hardly ever worth it- the food will be preplated long before you get there and it won't be nearly as good as if you'd just gone on your own.

SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:54 PM

We get things like that all the time ... financial seminars, condos and yes, even funeral homes. We never go b/c we are not willing to sit through the boring lecture to get the food. It's just not worth it. 

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:55 PM
Nope. I would rather pay for my shit than listen to a bunch of crap & be pressured to buy something. Learned that lesson listening to a "quick" presentation for a timeshare in Vegas years ago for free tickets to a show. Not worth it to me!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)