Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting this interview has been a pain in the arse!! Hoping it is worth it...

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 6:07 PM
  • 11 Replies

On March 13th i emailed a woman about a job posting...

She replied back on the 23rd, telling me that the pay is $11.25 per hour and asked if i was still interested.

I replied back that day stating that yes i was still interested.

She replied back on the 24th, stating that she was possibly doing interviews on the tuesday the following week and that she would let me know that night...

I didn't hear anything back from her ...

On April 7th, a friend gave me some advice, told me that i should email her again enquiring about the interview so i did it that day.

(thinking that the position has been filled)

She wrote me back the next day apologizing and asking if i could come in this wednesday

I replied back saying that wednesday would be great , and asked for the address and the time...

I didnt hear from her until today ....she had only given me the address....

so i had to reply back, asking the time ...

thankfully she got back to me today with the time.

A month ...it took me a month of emailing to get this job interview ...im really hoping i either get hired on the spot or that she doesnt make me wait another month to find out if i get hired or not! LOL

by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 6:09 PM
Sounds shady.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 6:10 PM
If someone is that unreliable about an interview, I wouldn't want to work for them
WickedPissah
by Penis colada on Apr. 11, 2016 at 6:11 PM
What is the job?
Make sure you send a thank you email.
Lanie1313
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 6:13 PM

Quoting peanutsmommy1: If someone is that unreliable about an interview, I wouldn't want to work for them

That thought has crossed my mind ....but i figured it wouldn't hurt to go to the interview and see how she is in person. Its for a seniors home of 23 residents and i dont know if she is the only one there during the day with them or not ...so im not sure if its been because she has just been too busy.

Gabeys_Mommy
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 6:14 PM
It might be worth your while. It took me almost 2 months to get in to where I work and I was wondering what could possibly take that long. Now I work in their Payroll/HR and can totally understand why it takes so long. She might just be super busy.
Lanie1313
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 6:15 PM

Its a part time job in a seniors retirement home,

9-5 mon,wed and fri's

half of the shift is cleaning and the other half is entertaining the residents.

I was already thinking of grabbing a thank you card and dropping it in the mail on my way home from the interview :)

Quoting WickedPissah: What is the job? Make sure you send a thank you email.

K3412
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 6:17 PM

I would be cautious about taking a job where it took her a month to even get an interview set up. They don't sound too on top of things and if they are that lazy when they want to hire someone, how will they treat you when you have the job? Probably even worse. I would pass personally.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Apr. 11, 2016 at 6:19 PM

Hope the pay isn't like the communication.

WickedPissah
by Penis colada on Apr. 11, 2016 at 6:20 PM
Dear xyz,
Thank you for meeting with me on xx day. I really liked what you had to say, and what I learned about xx position. Maybe add in something else, and I think I would be a good fit for the position and I know I would excel.

Quoting Lanie1313:

Its a part time job in a seniors retirement home,

9-5 mon,wed and fri's

half of the shift is cleaning and the other half is entertaining the residents.

I was already thinking of grabbing a thank you card and dropping it in the mail on my way home from the interview :)

Quoting WickedPissah: What is the job?
Make sure you send a thank you email.

ThisMom128
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 6:23 PM
She may have been waiting to let someone go so she didn't have an open position to give you yet
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)