Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much do you spend on vacation?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

Excluding the flights, hotel or house/condo rental and car rental? Lets say 10 day vacation.

ETA:

We are going to Sarasota, FL and will be staying at a condo right across from the beach. I prefer to cook most of my meal to save money and eat better/healthier. But we will be going out.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2016 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 6:32 PM
There isn't much to pay for after you take those out
nellyoleson
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 6:33 PM
Is there a kitchen at the rental or no? A lot more if we eat out every meal (which I actually don't enjoy).
PeppermintyTea
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 6:34 PM
It depends on where we are going... We've gone on (what I consider) expensive vacations, and we've also gotten some good deals, or went places that weren't as pricey. Not including airfare on our last vacation around $7k.
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 6:34 PM

It depends on where we are going.

We frequent the Outer Banks and Martha's Vineyard. It doesn't cost that much (without the flight/gas or the rental) because we mostly do the beach.  We'll do the boardwalk in OBX sometimes.

Disney was more expensive for obvious reasons.  We're going to Hawaii in the fall so that will be more expensive since there is more to do.  I'd never do a camping trip for ten days but that wouldn't be too much. 

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 6:34 PM
Just depends on where I'm going. Excluding transportation and hotels there isn't much left.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 6:35 PM
I don't take vacations. Maybe a weekend camping, but I've never been on a plane or stayed in a "vacation" type place.
notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 6:36 PM
Maybe 1000
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 6:36 PM
All depends on where you are going and the time of year. Just figure out about when and see what prices will be. That's what we have done when we think about it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 6:37 PM

It would depend on where you went and whether or not the accommodations had a kitchen. We spent a week in Daytona. Excluding everything you named $200 on gas to travel to and from and about $150 or so on food for the week. We collected sand and seashells and of course pictures as our soveniors. That's for 2 adults, 2 kids.

KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 6:38 PM
EXCLUDING all of that? Probably $2500. It really varies on where we go.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)