Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help me prepare!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
I'm going to spend some time over the summer reorganizing the house/our lives to prepare for the new school year!! We have/will have A LOT going on and figured with the kids not in school thatd be a good time to make some changes since we are finishing up decluttering the house this week finally :)
Any and all tips for organizing and staying organized are welcome, some we may already be doing/working on doing but others may find it helpful!

So i dont repeat myself, Some info that may help:
Dh owns his own business, currently working a contract but could change schedules/contracts at any time (currently working about 70-80 hours/week with a 1 hr drive each way- I say this because I know people will say have dh help, and he does what he can but he's very busy and I like his free time to be spent with the kids as much as possible)
Ds7 is here 1/2 time, he wants to play basketball again next season, possibly martial arts.
Ds4 will be starting kinder in the fall, may enroll in martial arts again in the fall/winter
Both have chores they do, and sometimes do extra ones.
Ds3 has developmental delays and SPD, may start "SN prek" in the fall. He somewhat "helps" with chores.
DD is only 2 months old soo... Nothing for her lol.
Oh and 2 dogs, in case that matters lol.
Beginning next semester I'll be taking 13-16 credit hours to finally finish out my degree, dh will be taking 12-13. Both will be almost all online except dh will be taking 1 night class/semester and we planned our schedules out so we will be taking 1-3 classes per semester that are the same.
I'm waiting to hear back but I may be starting a part time WAH job over the summer, I already handle majority of paperwork and accounting for dhs business.
We plan to move within 11 months at which time we will be adding a 14 year old to our house.
I THINK that's all??
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2016 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:09 PM

Have a place for everything and teach the kids to keep it there when not in use

Have closets and dressers organized.Use bins, baskets or dividers to keep things tidy.

Have a laundry hamper or basket for each child. Teach them to put clothes in right side to. Saves lots of time. You could do 1 load per week for each child and probably get away with it. Give each child a laundry day. Monday~ baby, Tuesday ~ 3 yr old. etc. 2nd load that day could be towels or sheets.

When I wake up I get dressed. I make my bed, wipe the furniture with my pj top. Grab a load of wash and start it. Then I start coffee. set the table. Wake and dress kids 1 at a time (if needed). make their bed before you let them out of the room. Teach older to do same. Grab another load of wash. go down and switch it. Feed kids. Have older one help younger ones brush teeth while you clear table. Pack lunches and snacks (if they dont buy at school).Get kids out to school. Switch laundry FOLD and put away finished load. Do NOT leave in basket. Wipe down counters and floor.  Pull out or prep stuff for dinner. Hopefully, while baby takes morning nap.

Have those pull string back packs for each uniform for each child. Label it (nameand sport) They wear it , you wash it and it goes right back in it until next time.

Have a place for backpacks. Hooks on hallways or inside of doors works well.

While dinner is being made kids put all their belongs where they belong. So after dinner its tubs and stories (or whatever routine you have for the little ones) Toys, clothes, shoes all get put where they belong.

Get little ones in bed. Go around and make sure things are where they belong. set up coffee and shower. Do your online work, if you havent found time during the day.

Use a crockpot and Pinterest for good easy quick cooking meals. Menu plan and shop to it.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:22 PM
We're working out everything having a place, just seems like there isn't enough room here (well.. There's kind of room, it's the layout of the house that isn't working anymore mostly, and lacking one more room)
We did start with each person having their own basket, all their clothes and towels go into it, Monday is mine and dhs clothes, Tuesday diapers, Wednesday ds4 and DD, Thursday diapers and ds7, Friday ds3 and 1/2 the bedding, Saturday diapers and Sunday other half of bedding (sometimes get off schedule so I'm running up and down stairs all day washing clothes lol) my problem comes in at the putting it away lol it didn't start until we got a laundry room with a HUGE counter top... Ds4 hangs all the shirts for him and ds3 and ds7 hangs/folds and puts up his own clothes (I was doing it but he unfolded everything constantly so he's now in change of his stuff) and ds2 "folds" wash clothes.
Mornings are horrible right now, mostly with ds7 he's just very very slow so I spend a good part of my morning telling him how long until we leave and that we won't be waiting on him ifnhe isn't done :/ I wake him at 6:15 to get dressed and shoes, I make his breakfast set it on the table, feed and dress dd, wake up ds4 at 6:40 he gets dressed and shoes and some mornings switches laundry if it didn't get done day before, wake ds3 at 6:50 get him changed and dressed and we are out the door by 7:05. Ds4 eats breakfast at school because it's built into their morning and ds2 and i eat when we get home before I have to feed DD again (were gone until 8-815)
I'm hoping if ds3 gets into that school I'll have time during the day because 2.5 hours won't be nearly enough... A good part of my day is spent on his therapies and/or handling tantrums, that'll change a little this week because he's switching therapies to where I drop him off for 2 hrs a week instead of taking him somewhere and sitting and having in home sessions, but it ends when school year ends until school starts back up again. Sooo I get 2 hours to go out and run errands or come home and get an assignment done.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Have a place for everything and teach the kids to keep it there when not in use

Have closets and dressers organized.Use bins, baskets or dividers to keep things tidy.

Have a laundry hamper or basket for each child. Teach them to put clothes in right side to. Saves lots of time. You could do 1 load per week for each child and probably get away with it. Give each child a laundry day. Monday~ baby, Tuesday ~ 3 yr old. etc. 2nd load that day could be towels or sheets.

When I wake up I get dressed. I make my bed, wipe the furniture with my pj top. Grab a load of wash and start it. Then I start coffee. set the table. Wake and dress kids 1 at a time (if needed). make their bed before you let them out of the room. Teach older to do same. Grab another load of wash. go down and switch it. Feed kids. Have older one help younger ones brush teeth while you clear table. Pack lunches and snacks (if they dont buy at school).Get kids out to school. Switch laundry FOLD and put away finished load. Do NOT leave in basket. Wipe down counters and floor.  Pull out or prep stuff for dinner. Hopefully, while baby takes morning nap.

Have those pull string back packs for each uniform for each child. Label it (nameand sport) They wear it , you wash it and it goes right back in it until next time.

Have a place for backpacks. Hooks on hallways or inside of doors works well.

While dinner is being made kids put all their belongs where they belong. So after dinner its tubs and stories (or whatever routine you have for the little ones) Toys, clothes, shoes all get put where they belong.

Get little ones in bed. Go around and make sure things are where they belong. set up coffee and shower. Do your online work, if you havent found time during the day.

Use a crockpot and Pinterest for good easy quick cooking meals. Menu plan and shop to it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 17, 2016 at 8:40 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)