Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have a problem with my kid then come upstairs and talk to me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
We've been in this apartment complex since well before our son was born, so we've been here 7 years we have a 5 year old and a 1 year old.
Five year olds and 1 year olds can be loud I get that and we have a no jumping or running rule in our house regardless if we had downstairs neighbors or not... But even if my kids are slightly having any type of "fast" movement or heavy movement the neighbors constantly banging on the ceiling, now our landlord has our back no matter what she doesn't care how loud neighbors are unless it's past 10pm because that's the curfew which it never is because my kids are asleep by 8. Them banging on their ceiling isn't solving anything, they aren't quiet either their daughter whose either a senior in high school or freshmen in college I can't keep up constantly has Friends revving their engines, yelling, partying, and one specific friend who comes over almost everyday with his loud ass truck blasting music around midnight their noise is always past curfew and it's actually woken my kids up a few times but I've never complained you take these chances living in an apartment complex, he'll our floor shakes when the person behind us does their jump in jacks or whatever, the old lady down stairs keeps throwing up in the hall way, the college students down stairs have the most idiotic parking techniques.... But like I said apartment complexes have their down falls those are it deal with it and stop pounding on the ceiling and talk to me because seriously I will tell you where to shove it.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nicholy10
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:18 PM

The joys of living in an apartment...I don't miss that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:19 PM
Or maybe you could have some respect for others and control your kids? Noise outside is a hell of a lot different then noisy kids above your head.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:20 PM
I don't get that. I had upstairs neighbors with kids. I heard the little rugrats running around playing all the time. It didn't bother me, but their loud music at night sure did!!
lipsis
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:20 PM
*Fist bump* I feel you. Our manager has his girlfriend complain to me about the noise we make three to five times a week.
NYmama96
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:20 PM
Same here.

Quoting Nicholy10:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:20 PM
We don't mind. We love the area and we are actually looking to buy in two years.
We were here as the fresh out of college students so I get the noise but don't get mad if my kids are making noise during noise allowed hours lol.

Quoting Nicholy10:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:21 PM
I used to be quiet as a mouse lol and when our son first started making noise I was like oh god lol. But then I realized we are not the only ones making noise, we follow all the rules, and it's our home.

Quoting lipsis: *Fist bump* I feel you. Our manager has his girlfriend complain to me about the noise we make three to five times a week.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:23 PM
My kids have a no running or jumping rule, how much less noisy should thy be in their own HOME.
This is their place to. Yes outside noise is fine, but not when it's 2am and right outside our window... Then it is just as bothersome. They chose a downstairs apartment not my problem, they knew we had two kids before moving in, also not my problem.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Or maybe you could have some respect for others and control your kids? Noise outside is a hell of a lot different then noisy kids above your head.
sammichmaker
by soup sandwich on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:26 PM
Thats why I was adamant about a bottom floor apt after having kids. When I was pregnant for the first time, our neighbors had kids upstairs... oh my fucking gawd, so annoying.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:26 PM
Because it's at night none of the noise during the day bothers me, I think I only got mad once but it was more of a being woken up from him chain sawing on his balcony while I was napping and pregnant but even then I knew it was my hormones more then the fact that he was just chain sawing.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I don't get that. I had upstairs neighbors with kids. I heard the little rugrats running around playing all the time. It didn't bother me, but their loud music at night sure did!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)