Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

another my 600 life post..

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:19 PM
  • 28 Replies
1 mom liked this

i wonder how many people would be in that position if they didnt have people shoving food down their throat..i.e..actually have to get up,shop and cook for yourself..?

by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
quinnhenrysmom1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

i still dont understand why the families want these people so overweight?its like they need to be needed or something..

quinnhenrysmom1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:21 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:21 PM
Enablers have their own emotional demons.
Amy.4362
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:23 PM
I agree. I also hate it when the patient is actually trying and the families are sitting in front of them stuffing their faces with fast food.
-Spider-
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:23 PM

You have people with emotional scars who use food for comfort and enablers that are afraid to stand up and not give them the junk.

squeekers
by squeekers on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:23 PM
I like how the Houston doctor tells them they must lose 50 pounds in a month, and they are aghast at the possibility.
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this
The families aren't shoving food down the person throat, they just don't know how to say no, and often it's the parents cause when they hear 'I'm hungry' they feel bad for saying no.

It's sad though because they could prevent it and instead watch the person kill themselves.
quinnhenrysmom1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this

its maddening because they are killing them!they are usually very codependant,like if they arent feeding this person 10000 calories a day,they have no clue what to do with themselves..

Quoting luckysevenwow: The families aren't shoving food down the person throat, they just don't know how to say no, and often it's the parents cause when they hear 'I'm hungry' they feel bad for saying no. It's sad though because they could prevent it and instead watch the person kill themselves.

quinnhenrysmom1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this

one good side effect-who exercises watching this show?

quinnhenrysmom1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:52 PM

if there are 2 people taking care of the person-how are all 3 of them surviving?rent?electric?food?clothes?car insurance?i know the patient is usually on disability but how are the enablers living?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)