Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is his a legitimate reason to go to court for more custody?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies
My SO has two kids. One 14 year old girl. One 11 year old boy. He has 50/50 custody. They come Monsay and Tuesday and then every other Friday, Saturday and Sunday. He picked mon and tues so he could get the kids when the school week starts to get them started off good.

School has become an issue for their son. My SO has him in tutoring mon-wed. But doesn't go on moms days. So he goes mon-tues. he's really kind of struggling in school. It's been an ongoing thing this year. Mom has been checking him out of school for no reason like a doc appt or something like that. Just takes him out. When my SO tries to talk to her about it she says that she doesn't care about school. And that school is only important to me SO. The son has a lot of tardies because mom is always running late. And she moved out of the school district. Also he misses a lot of work, class projects and tests when she checks him out.

Would you take your ex to court for this? If so what would you ask for?

ETA.
After my SO talked to the teacher about all of this he learned that BM makes sure it's her email that the communication goes to. Which is weird because he put his contact info in there as well. And also told the teacher that she handles all educational issues and that dad is "barely around".
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:42 PM
3 moms liked this
It's a legitimate reason to me & I think a judge might agree. Sounds like it would maybe be better for him to live with dad & see mom on the weekends.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:43 PM
Idk but I'd be mad if I was your SO too. Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:44 PM
Yes I would. She is fucking up his future.

Didn't one of the girls on Teen Mom lose custody for not getting her kids to school on time?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:44 PM
He would ask for both of them more. The daughter has a lot of tardies too. But her schoolwork doesn't suffer as much. The son needs a little more help. He needs to be present. He needs to participate to learn. The daughter is in Jr. High now. But in elementary she got bad citizenship marks for the tardies.

Quoting bluebunnybabe: It's a legitimate reason to me & I think a judge might agree. Sounds like it would maybe be better for him to live with dad & see mom on the weekends.
Spare.Time
by Emerald Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:44 PM

I would.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:45 PM
He is fuming. The kids just came home today from the weekend with their mom. And my SO is going through his school work and stuff. And checked his grades on line. He has two missing things from Friday.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Idk but I'd be mad if I was your SO too. Bump
DallasCowboys81
by Don't live in Texas! on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:47 PM
Yep. If mom cant be grown up enough to know how important school is, mom don't need them during school time. That's ridiculous. She's only hurting him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:48 PM
I agree. She doesn't care about school. So he's following her attitude about it.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Yes I would. She is fucking up his future.

Didn't one of the girls on Teen Mom lose custody for not getting her kids to school on time?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:49 PM
It may be worth speaking to an attorney about it. GL and good for him staying on top of it.

Quoting Anonymous 1: He is fuming. The kids just came home today from the weekend with their mom. And my SO is going through his school work and stuff. And checked his grades on line. He has two missing things from Friday.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Idk but I'd be mad if I was your SO too. Bump
terra221
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:49 PM
Yes
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)