Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vet tech or cat mamas

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
1 mom liked this

On Sat. my 7 yr old cat came out from behind the washer/dryer area.  Her eyes were doing this weird back and forth thing and she was off balance.  There aren't any chemicals back there or anything, closest thing is the mop (standing head up) that I use a bleach/water mixture with.  Anyway, her eyes seem fine now but hre balance is still a bit off.  She seems to be eating, drinking and going potty just fine.  She has never had any problems.

Any idea what may have happened? 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
fairymom82
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:58 PM
A seizure or possible inner ear infection. Ear infections accompanied by fever can cause seizures, loss of balance and walking funny. I'd suggest a vet tomorrow or tonight if her eyes go funny, diarrhea or lethargy (more than usual).
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:05 PM

Thanks!  She's been a little wobbly since she woke up Sunday morning but her eyes and all are fine now.  Just seemed really weird.

Quoting fairymom82: A seizure or possible inner ear infection. Ear infections accompanied by fever can cause seizures, loss of balance and walking funny. I'd suggest a vet tomorrow or tonight if her eyes go funny, diarrhea or lethargy (more than usual).

fairymom82
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:11 PM
Sounds to me like an inner ear issue. I'd suggest seeing a vet.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Thanks!  She's been a little wobbly since she woke up Sunday morning but her eyes and all are fine now.  Just seemed really weird.

Quoting fairymom82: A seizure or possible inner ear infection. Ear infections accompanied by fever can cause seizures, loss of balance and walking funny. I'd suggest a vet tomorrow or tonight if her eyes go funny, diarrhea or lethargy (more than usual).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)