Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My SO got the call about his PET scan due to the tumor in his left lung

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:01 PM
  • 25 Replies
The Dr told him that the tumor lit up in the pet scan which indicates it is cancer. Good news is that it is contained in his left lower lobe. We will find out more next week. He is turning 37 before the next surgery he gets next week. We talked more as I got home and we decided we will be making a huge lifestyle change this year. The past month was so stressful ever since we went to the ER for his pneumonia. Thank god for that pneumonia because that is how they found the tumor when they did the x-ray. I am hoping that this tumor stays contained in that spot until surgery. Anyways thanks for reading!
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I replied on your other post. Sorry that the update isn't completely good news, but I hope since it seems to have been caught early he is well again soon.
valarie1979
by Already on it on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this
PrayerS
Go.Luv.Yourself
by *Mamacita* on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:07 PM
Thanks... I am very thankful that this was caught early. The waiting period sucked ass... I am hoping things will improve for him as time goes on.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I replied on your other post. Sorry that the update isn't completely good news, but I hope since it seems to have been caught early he is well again soon.
chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:08 PM

Prayers for him and you!  Keep us updated.

lunabella79
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:08 PM
Positive thoughts, I'm glad they caught it how they did and being young gives him more strength for a full recovery.
Go.Luv.Yourself
by *Mamacita* on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:10 PM
Thanks I will.

Quoting chalisa0:

Prayers for him and you!  Keep us updated.

LadyAmaranth
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:10 PM

Good luck, I hope they get it all and he beats this evil disease.

MooreBoysMama
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:11 PM
Prayers for both of you. What are your plans? You said you are changing your lifestyle.
Go.Luv.Yourself
by *Mamacita* on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:13 PM
Thank you. The surgeon P.A told us few scenarios of what could happen to his left lung. We were shocked to know that people can function with one lung... He told us that if it came down to having to remove his left lung, he will be ok. We were really surprised by that.

Quoting lunabella79: Positive thoughts, I'm glad they caught it how they did and being young gives him more strength for a full recovery.
Go.Luv.Yourself
by *Mamacita* on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:14 PM
Thanks. I wish for everyone to be able to beat it.

Quoting LadyAmaranth:

Good luck, I hope they get it all and he beats this evil disease.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)