Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does this seem right? Long!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
My DD is in k. Yes this is her first time in a school setting. No she has never been in daycare.
Now for the back ground: school has been in of course since August. Since August literally the 2 second week of school being in, I have been getting notes home from school from teacher stating the same various things; DD won't stop talking, DD won't sit, DD didn't raise her hand, DD wants to be first in line, DD won't color in the lines, but the talking one is ALL the damn time.
DD sits at a desk in the corner of the room by her self. She has all S's (satisfactory) in all subjects, great marks from all teachers, except this one, when there is a substitute teacher there is no notes only good comments on how good she is. She constantly comes home with "bad" boots (behavior is don't on a color system) green being great and blue the worst, she gets red second worst.
The teacher tells me have her tested. My pediatrician (I have talked to several pediatricians and psychologist) says I need to wait till she is 7 or 8 (she is 5 almost 6).
Now do I think my child is perfect? hell no. She a nutty mom, dad, and sister!! I don't want to think the teacher bullying my kid!! I am starting to wonder! Yes I have had a meeting several in fact so has DH.
My oldest had the same teacher and she was never like this! I mean never!

So my questions are:
Should I just demand for testing.
Should I just forget about it the year is almost over?
Should point blank ask the teacher?

Thank for reaching and any help you guys can offer
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RSass
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:30 PM
3 moms liked this
School is almost over and no other person notices the behavior? I would tell the teacher your concerned that she is the only one observing the behavior and perhaps she and your dd are not a good fit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:31 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:35 PM
This.
If she's the only teacher who has complaints and she's getting satisfactory progress, don't even worry about it. The school year is almost over.

Quoting RSass: School is almost over and no other person notices the behavior? I would tell the teacher your concerned that she is the only one observing the behavior and perhaps she and your dd are not a good fit.
emandab
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:40 PM
Worry about it next year. She'll have matured more and work with her on her talking when she's not supposed in the mean time.
ilovemykids323
by Emerald Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:43 PM

i wouldn't demand testing until she is 7 or 8.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:47 PM
Ever ask your DD what she thinks of that teacher?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:51 PM
That is what I was thinking. I don't want to label her so young.

Quoting ilovemykids323:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:55 PM
Yes several times. She says she doesn't like her she always yells, always on her phone, always tells them to be quite.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Ever ask your DD what she thinks of that teacher?
ilovemykids323
by Emerald Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:56 PM

when my dd waas in kindergarten she was distracted easily and distracting others. talking to them etc etc lots of things you listed i asked the doctor about it and she said they wouldn't test until about 8. she'll be 8 in may and i ahven't had any other teachers mention it.  so i'm guessing she outgrew that phase.

Quoting Anonymous 1: That is what I was thinking. I don't want to label her so young.
Quoting ilovemykids323:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:57 PM
I would wait it out until next year and see how she does next year.
Those kinda sound like first year in school problems. If she's not used to being in a school type environment, the standing in line, not raising your hand, ext, is kinda going to have to be learned.
I'm really failing to see what she needs to be tested for. So she doesn't want to color inside the lines, big deal, let her color anyway she wants.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)