Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Must be nice EBT related

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 337 Replies
3 moms liked this
I stopped at 7/11 on my way home from work today to get some gas. I was in line behind this guy that bought like 30 bucks worth of junk food and paid with an EBT card. I don't mind that he paid for it with EBT or that he bought junk food. What pissed me off was that he got into a brand new Dodge challenger srt8.

How are people able to get away with shit like this? I would love to have that car, but I can't afford it because I pay my own bills.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:24 PM
14 moms liked this
You don't know for sure that it was his car. You don't know for sure that it was his EBT card.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this
My guess would be that it's his girlfriend's or someone else's card.
AnotherKim
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:26 PM
31 moms liked this

I have an EBT card and my husband and I both have nice cars. We have the card because we have foster kids. Shouldn't judge if you don't know his situation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:26 PM
2 moms liked this
Maybe it just hasn't been repossessed yet. Maybe it's his girlfriend's. Maybe he won it on Wheel of Fortune.

You are allowed to have a car on EBT.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't just jump to something like that. The car could be his GF parents and or friend, along with the EBT card.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:27 PM
5 moms liked this
Don't even get me started. I've been to the welfare office in Detroit (sadly) and most of the cars in the parking lot had rims that cost more than my car at the time. Ridiculous. Plus I knew a few people who would sell their stamps but that's common around here. Hood rich is a real thing, lol. I also worked at Family Dollar when I was younger and one of the regulars would buy 2 carts of Pepsi (2 liters) quite frequently. Ugh. :/
Sooo many people don't really need it.
AvantGardener
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:28 PM
40 moms liked this

I never understand how people can look at others who live at the poverty level and say "it must be nice" Who on earth would be jealous of someone who qualifies for assistance because they are underemployed?

Mommy2Bri425
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:28 PM
5 moms liked this

Mind your business, lady.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:29 PM
3 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:31 PM
2 moms liked this
I was on foodstamps and have a nice car. It was my grandmothers car. When she passed away, it was left to me. Should I have not accepted it because I needed temporary help?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)