Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should we tell MIL's Husband the Truth?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies
We haven't spoken to mil in 2 years. We lived with her and she started to treat our kids like shit after she married a man 2 months after their 1st date. Also she was re-engaged to fil at the time and wouldn't tell him the truth because he was sending her money (they live in different states). Dh forced her to tell his father the truth when she got married. She ignored our children, would not respond when they spoke to her and walked right past them the day we moved out of state without a goodbye or I love you. Spread rumors that we are abusive and do drugs which are so far from the truth. We decided to cut her off because this was not the first time. 2 years and she is still having family interrogate us about seeing our kids. Wants them to give her our address and playing "born again christian I'm a saint" to her church friends and Facebook. Mil swears she's done nothing wrong ever in her life and that's not even an exaggeration. She just called fil telling him to make us let her see the kids. When he told her we want nothing to do with her she said she's going to see them one way or another and no one is going to stop her. Then went on to tell him to send her money. She's MARRIED. She has been asking him for money ever since we moved. I really want to message her husband and tell him the truth about her. He is too good for her. She's the type of person that wants you to be ok with the shitty way she treats you and is mad that we are not ok with it and we're done with her shit. Should I do it? We need some peace in our lives. This is getting old.

*Sorry thought I wrote it. Since fil found out about the marriage he has told her to stop calling him about us and money. But because they share children he answers because he says maybe it's an emergency about one of his kids. Dh has told him that they are adults and would call their dad if need be. There's no reason for mil to contact fil.*
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Daisydont
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:14 PM
God no! I didn't even have to read that to come to that conclusion!
KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:14 PM
I would stay FAR away from that trainwreck of a situation.
salleem
by Reddlace on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:18 PM
2 moms liked this

Nope, don't say a word. Don't contact either of them and just let it go. Karma will get to her eventually. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:20 PM
I'd tell him. He deserves to know.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:20 PM
I know I shouldn't. It's taking alot not to. I wish she would just stop but we know that won't happen.
NYmama96
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:21 PM

Just cut out all of the negative and block on Facebook too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

RUN do not walk away from all of it. I'm sure her husband will figure it all out soon enough if he hasn't alreayd. You don't need that toxic garbage in your life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:23 PM

No don't say anything to him. If you do then shit will hit the fan and you don't want her starting even more drama or god forbid she actually show up on your doorstep making a scene. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:24 PM
I have her blocked on everything but she still finds a way. She's alienating the whole family where they barley talk to us because she puts them in the middle of it all.
mommahellbetty
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this
But if were talking about Karma,isnt it bad Karma to let an innocent person get fleeced,if you know about it?
And im just asking the question because im not sure i know the answer to this one?

Quoting salleem:

Nope, don't say a word. Don't contact either of them and just let it go. Karma will get to her eventually. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)